Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Grand National/GNX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
SSpeeDEMONSS
AF Newbie

i need help identifying parts

ok, my buddy has some GN parts that we're not sure what they go to. i went over to try and get some numbers off them. this is all i could gather. on turbo is a draw-thru-carb turbo. my buddy thinks it is from an '83-'84 carb'd motor. it has the little plate on it that the carb mounts to. does this sound about right, year wise? then there is a push-thru turbo. it is a Garrett, intake A/R .60 M10, exhaust A/R .83 M30. my buddy thinks this is from an '85 fuel injected motor. also, he has a set of heads, not sure what year they are from. did the heads change at all from the early to late GN's? or would these bolt up to any year GN? and lastly, he has a manifold for the draw-thru-carb turbo set-up. he thinks it is for the '83-'84 carb'd motor. im not sure if all of what i said made sense but if you can understand and maybe shed some light onto what exactly he has you will greatly be helping us. he has had these parts for 7 years, he got them with the rail he bought and never touched them so now we are trying to figure out what is what. thanks in advance for any help and sorry for such a long post. THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE AD
SSpeeDEMONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
Hypsi87
I got your v-8 swingin!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
Re: i need help identifying parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS
ok, my buddy has some GN parts that we're not sure what they go to. i went over to try and get some numbers off them. this is all i could gather. on turbo is a draw-thru-carb turbo. my buddy thinks it is from an '83-'84 carb'd motor. it has the little plate on it that the carb mounts to. does this sound about right, year wise? then there is a push-thru turbo. it is a Garrett, intake A/R .60 M10, exhaust A/R .83 M30. my buddy thinks this is from an '85 fuel injected motor. also, he has a set of heads, not sure what year they are from. did the heads change at all from the early to late GN's? or would these bolt up to any year GN? and lastly, he has a manifold for the draw-thru-carb turbo set-up. he thinks it is for the '83-'84 carb'd motor. im not sure if all of what i said made sense but if you can understand and maybe shed some light onto what exactly he has you will greatly be helping us. he has had these parts for 7 years, he got them with the rail he bought and never touched them so now we are trying to figure out what is what. thanks in advance for any help and sorry for such a long post. THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE AD

Is there any way possible you can get any pictures? Your turbo might not be a stock turbo, the .83 A/R is more like the precision exhaust housing. I think stock is .63. I am not 100% on this I am going from off the top of my head but, I think the 84 GN's were fuel injected so,

Anyway, any pics would be cool.

Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Hypsi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
SSpeeDEMONSS
AF Newbie

ill try and get pictures but its hard because i dont have a digital camera and whenever i borrow my friend's he takes forever to get the pictures to me. ill try and do a little more research on the GN's to see whether or not the '84 is efi or carb'd. also, i'll see what i can find out about the Garrett turbo.
SSpeeDEMONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
EZFrank
AF Regular

Re: i need help identifying parts

84-87 Turbo buick Were not carbed they were fuel injected. I think the 80-83 were carbed.
EZFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
gnfreak
AF Regular

Re: Re: i need help identifying parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZFrank
84-87 Turbo buick Were not carbed they were fuel injected. I think the 80-83 were carbed.
78 and 79 was also carbed. even had a 2 bbl carb on some early sport coupe turbo 78's
gn.freak@verizon.net
1986 Buick Grand National
1997 Chevy S-10 (daily driver)
2003 Chevy Trailblazer (wifes SUV)
1993 Chevy Camaro Z28 (kids car)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
gnfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Grand National/GNX