Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
0365gt
AF Newbie

01 Expedition, MACH sound, NO BASS

I have a 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the MACH sound system. One day i got into it and started it up and there was no bass at all. None of the speakers had any bass coming from them. The subwoofer was not doing anything at all. It sounds really weak. I heard I may need to replace the head unit but I'm not sure what to do. Can anybody help me out?
0365gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
fordowner
AF Newbie

Unhappy No Bass

I am also having problems with my sound system. Were you able to find out what the problem was??? Please reply
fordowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
0365gt
AF Newbie

MACH Sound

I haven't found out what the problem is yet. I was hoping this forum would help me out. Nothing yet. Sorry.
0365gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
wingrg
AF Newbie

Unhappy

Hi! I have the same problem on my 2001 Exp. EB, no bass no more i do a web research and i found that we have to take out the amp. and get to a radio repair store, thats means is a comon problem in our vehicles, if you have other info please let me know, i plan to take out the amp. this weeken.
wingrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
bluefalcon
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 01 Expedition, MACH sound, NO BASS

Wow I thought I was the only one with the problem with this Mach radio. Well did anyone find out what really is the problem? If anyone have any luck with it will you let me know what was your approach to the problem. Thank you so much...
bluefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
jjmtuttle
AF Newbie

Re: 01 Expedition, MACH sound, NO BASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalcon
Wow I thought I was the only one with the problem with this Mach radio. Well did anyone find out what really is the problem? If anyone have any luck with it will you let me know what was your approach to the problem. Thank you so much...
Ford has a setup to were if you have a speaker blown it will cut off the bass so it wont hurt any of the other speakers. well thats what i was told i changed speakers only and mine sounded better then stock ever did. hope it helps..........
jjmtuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
bluefalcon
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmtuttle
Ford has a setup to were if you have a speaker blown it will cut off the bass so it wont hurt any of the other speakers. well thats what i was told i changed speakers only and mine sounded better then stock ever did. hope it helps..........

Thanks for the reply, so you have a 2001 Expedition with the same problem? And how did you pinpoint the blown speaker? Thats sounds like alot of work if you have to open all panels to locate and test each speakers. Im pretty sure theres an easy way to this problem....thanks.....
bluefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #8
jjmtuttle
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalcon
Thanks for the reply, so you have a 2001 Expedition with the same problem? And how did you pinpoint the blown speaker? Thats sounds like alot of work if you have to open all panels to locate and test each speakers. Im pretty sure theres an easy way to this problem....thanks.....
i have a 97 EB for starters i could hear my sub was blown so changed it sounded good but would cut out so i changed front speakers it did stop cutting out but then after driving wifes 04 and seeing it sounded alot better i changed the rear door speaker and now it sounds better then wifes. not saying there isnt a amp problem in some expeditions just not mine.hope this helps...
jjmtuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
bearcat329
AF Regular

Wink Re: 01 Expedition, MACH sound, NO BASS

to isolate the speakers use your fader and balance controls on the radio control unit, presently i have the L/R speaker blown, and get some really loud bass popping sounds on occasion
the speakers are 6X8 for the doors and a 8 inch round subwoofer in the rear
hth
Rick
bearcat329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
RumblinTLR
AF Newbie

I had the same problem in my 01. Your amp is blown. It's located in the passenger side rear cargo area. I bought one for $100 and replaced myself. Easy fix.
RumblinTLR is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition