Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 10:24 AM   #46
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
One thing I can't understand about supercars is, how can you call such a car a supercar when you can go mod the hell out of a supra/vette, and bye bye supercar. Doesn't seem very "super" to me when its getting its ass kicked by a 60k supra. Anyway what constitutes a "supercar" anyways? Is it mere production numbers allocated for a car that can outperform almost any stock "non-supercar". I'm not to sure on the definition of a supercar. Or is it an attempt for the motor vehicle industry to produce the fastest, best handling, and comfortable sports car?
I'm sure most of you would probably agree that a McClaren, S7, Enzo, could be considered a supercar. Why other than pure acknowledgment of knowing that you have a supercar that cost 1/2 a million, would you spend that much money on a car that you could just as easily do the same to most other stock sports cars for a fraction of the cost? Or could it perhaps be a conspiracy of the rich (hehe im just jk).
But anywho, I also wanted to know how reliable a 900hp supra is. I couldn't imagine a 3 liter 6cyl. going much past 50k if at all, plus the turbos. Its just to much heat for a engine that small to push 900hp reliably and consistently. Unfortunatly i see a possible engine/turbo swap in the mere furture, hell i see supra engines on ebay all the time. Maybe that means somthing, I dont know, does anyone have any info about this?
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #47
italteen3
AF Newbie

Kurt why cant every1 else discuss it like you???

Anyway I think a supercar by definition has to have production numbers and not a souped up version of an existing supercar whether it be a vette or koenig ferrari. Although there are plenty of cars out there that can easily beat supercars they just are not the same thing.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:49 PM   #48
vette boy02
AF Newbie

guys im really tired of hearin about supras as much as u tired of being insulted that an ol 80s sledge hammer vette can ream the hell out of a mega farting car. WE ALL KNOW THE VETTE KILLS MOST IF NOT ALL SUPRAS. i dont know why ppl keep bringin up old supras for. they should compair the 427tt against somthin worth while like a grand prix car lol.
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:55 PM   #49
vette boy02
AF Newbie

i just got a chance to look at that supra site and maybe they try not to use the cheepest and least powerful lingenfelter getting beaten by a supra why the hell wasnt the good vette ( stage5 tt) racing..................... the answer cuz it is bad for buisness to talk shit and then cant back it.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:45 PM   #50
italteen3
AF Newbie

You missed the point vette boy. The point was to maybe try and stop the annoying blabbing about vettes... I just used the Supra as an example. And yes I am just as annoyed as you about the supra/vette thing.

See a stock F50(supercar) can kill a stock Z06(supercar). Now I know of maybe two or three souped up supercars that can beat the 427TT. Im not talking just a straight either, track,etc.

I dunno about a Grand Prix car but I get the idea
Old 10-30-2003, 08:48 PM   #51
hiphophomer
Banned

you really really really are fucking retarded..f50=aprox.$500,000 and stilll price may rise on rarity z06=$50,000 go try to pay for a f50... two different things for 2 different prices....you really dont knwo jack shit about cars do you...?just leave, or if you think your rich buy an f50 for $500,000 then race a z06 with $450,000 worth of upgrades....same price in total and i dont think you will have a chance though, anywasy if the z06 had $50,000-$100,000 worth of upgrades from lpe you will still lose so just shut up and get the f*** outta here
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 09:04 PM   #52
italteen3
AF Newbie

Wow learn how to read!

Why not atleast discuss before flaming like an immature little kid...

You are right that they are two different things, in a price perspective, but both are supercars, or does the F50 suck and Z06 not beat some vipers?!? Just making a comparison of performance not price, manufacture, etc.

Listen lets end this please... I guess the point I was trying to make was not getting across too well. For those of you who understood and discussed this like real people thanks.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:22 AM   #53
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Re: hehehe look what I found

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphophomer
you really dont knwo jack shit about cars do you...?just leave, or if you think your rich buy an f50 for $500,000 then race a z06 with $450,000 worth of upgrades....same price in total and i dont think you will have a chance though, anywasy if the z06 had $50,000-$100,000 worth of upgrades from lpe you will still lose so just shut up and get the f*** outta here
I don't think you know what your talking about. Where do you come to the conslusion that a 50k Z06 with 450k in mods will not have a chance? Just as a 50k Z06 plus 50-100k of upgrades will still get you nowhere? Put 10k in the Vette and you'll probably be really really lucky if the F50 can still even see its taillights in any event. I think you seriously need to get your facts straight, an F50 isn't a far better performer than a Z06. I agree both stock, the F50 will outperform a Z06, but not by a marginal amount. The Z06 will be behind it the entire race, the F50 will get it mainly on the straightaways.

And who keeps saying a Z06 is a supercar? Its a standard production car, nothing super about that. An F50 is a supercar.

And I agree italteen, theirs only but a handful of people who actually posted a post that corresponded with the topic of this thread. Mines will close it to prevent more confusion.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:25 PM   #54
vette boy02
AF Newbie

k this time im not gunna lite a fuse to hatred lol. all i have to say is i agree with what aot of the posts said. but guys ya gotta keep somthin in mind there is always a better car somwhere. you also must keep in mind a 6 cylinder cannaot not beat an 8 when both are fully tuned it is not possable.what is also not possable is put 450k into a vette and for that matter any other car. and further more compair apples to oranges (vette to f50)
Old 10-31-2003, 10:24 PM   #55
italteen3
AF Newbie

Yes thankyou Kurt, again. I do doubt the F50 only beating Z06 on straights when the F50 is meant solely for road courses, tracks, etc. Only 10K in Z06 and F50 barely seeing taillights?!? Im just sceptic.

yes lets end this now...
Old 11-02-2003, 10:17 PM   #56
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by italteen3
Yes thankyou Kurt, again. I do doubt the F50 only beating Z06 on straights when the F50 is meant solely for road courses, tracks, etc. Only 10K in Z06 and F50 barely seeing taillights?!? Im just sceptic.
yes lets end this now...
Your right, I also wouldn't think 10k investment in a Z06 will blow a F50 away, I was just trying to make a point. 10k investment in a Z06 will easily be able to stay with the F50, it would be a good race. It would probably make it a considerably fairer (if thats a word) race than bone stock of both. An F50 would rape a bone stock Z06 The F50 is arguably the best Ferrari produced given the time it was produced.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:47 AM   #57
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

I'm comming in at the tail-end of this discussion, but I'm seein something that's in every other sports car forum. We all need to realize the difference between exotica, supertuned, racing tuned, and sports cars.
There are reasons why exotic cars are so expensive. Legacy, Craftmanship, rarity, and style. Yes there are other cars that may be faster, but the people that own these cars bought them for a reason, whether it be to boost their social status, or because they have been a die hard fan of companies such as bugatti and ferrari since the old days of open air roadster races.
There is a reason why supertuned dyno queen cars we always hear about 1/4 mile and nothing else. That's what we're hearing about as far as the 427TT and the Titan Supra. Put these 2 cars in a road race and their power will be too great for the purpose and will be too unpractical. They are meant to dominate the road (I'm gonna go fast and furious on you all!) "One quarter mile at a time" sorry.. couldn't help it!
Racing tuned cars... well do I need to go into this one? whether it be a daily driver that someone races on the weekends, or a true non-streetlegal racing car it's designed for racing not for 1/4 mile times or for gas mileage.
Sports cars are completely daily drivers intended to please the person that drives them at a price that won't force them to take out 3 more mortgages on their house. What about the supra as mentioned earlier. It's one of japan's most modifiable daily drivers, but still sports car. To some people modifying a car is half the fun of owning it. But let's look at the vette... who in their right mind would take their z06, or a viper, or even a C5 to work everyday, drive it to the bowling alley, take their kids to school in it. ya know? that's where I think subaru's sti, mits' evo 8, and mustang's cobra all have the other's beat. It's a sports car with family values.

Every car has a specific market value, and we can't go into this sports car vs super car vs exotica thing... I'm gettin sick of these newbs that are constantly comparing ricers to muscle cars to sports to exoticas. Everything has a following for a specific reason... and I'm spent
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:53 PM   #58
vette boy02
AF Newbie

finally!!!! someone else who relizes this. you cannot compair a super exic against a super tuner against a super ricer. it goes in a loop if u compair the original vette to an f50 it looses, vette lover like myself then say well its 500k more. so then we tune it so it woops the f50s ass, then the ferrari lover say well thas not fair give me 20k to do my f50.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:57 PM   #59
vette boy02
AF Newbie

finally!!!! someone else who relizes this. you cannot compair a super exic against a super tuner against a super ricer. it goes in a loop if u compair the original vette to an f50 it looses, vette lover like myself then say well its 500k more. so then we tune it so it woops the f50s ass, then the ferrari lovers say well thas not fair give me 20k to do my f50. then the next arguemant when it looses goes right back to how much it costs or the quality.
my point being is that everyone is compairing useless things. to the guy who originlly made this thred, TAKE UR SUPRA TO A HONDA OR TOYOTA FORUM, NO ONE WANTS RICE ROCKETS BROUGHT UP IN HERE! i think i speek for most of us.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #60
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Here Here... well.. sorta. It's almost nice for them to come in here and show us what we have to beat next... :-P sorry.. that was a pigheaded comment.
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette