Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Technical Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other technical issues here.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
sjkelly
AF Newbie

240 plans??

wuts up nissan guys. i got a 96 integra ls turboed with about 250whp. i understand how turboes work and i pieced together my own kit and also installed it myself. anyway, i was lookin into buying a cheap s13 to put an sr20det in. the thing is, i want a low 12 sec car. i was thinking about getting the peakboost topmount manifold with a t3/t4 turbo fmic injectors and all the necessities. but if i did that i would have no funds for suspension and lsd, which would make it a straight line car which i dont want. i pretty much want a 350whp 240 that can handle and drift really well. my question is what turbo with the t25 housing can put me at or above 350whp...gt28rs...? gt2871?...thanks for the help guys
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Re: 240 plans??

I think the t25's would be blowing pretty much hot air at around that much hp. They wouldnt be anywhere near efficient anymore. I'd get a t3 turbo, that way you would be closer if not past your power goals; easier.

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

buy the biggest u can effort
Get a head gasket, 850 cc inject, rocker arm stopper, stage 2 cams 275+ lift and springs, cam gears, FM intercooler, Stand alone ECU, fuel press regulator, new water pump, thermostat, Z32 maf (unless u run on density), new head studs (don't reuse the old ones!!!) Boost controller, Short ram manifold ie Greaddy, oil catch can, NO BOV! clutch, and finally LSD and slicks!

there u go, if i forgot something someone here will help me out!

E.K.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:25 AM   #4
kane2g
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to kane2g

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDSR20
buy the biggest u can effort
Get a head gasket, 850 cc inject, rocker arm stopper, stage 2 cams 275+ lift and springs, cam gears, FM intercooler, Stand alone ECU, fuel press regulator, new water pump, thermostat, Z32 maf (unless u run on density), new head studs (don't reuse the old ones!!!) Boost controller, Short ram manifold ie Greaddy, oil catch can, NO BOV! clutch, and finally LSD and slicks!

there u go, if i forgot something someone here will help me out!
you got most of this shit wrong. don't worry tho.

there is no 275+ cams readily available and the 272 will do fine
cam gears are for hondas
stand alone isn't needed, decent rom tune will keep this within budget.
Greddy manifold isn't needed, very little gains vs cost.
No BOV? hope you hate your turbo.
Drifting on slicks - yeah thats exactly what he asked for.

T25 housing turbos that are 300+HP are GT2871R or GT2540r with only about 14psi. stock T25 turbo will never reach 300HP so I dunno what Matt is referring to (stock T25 turbo will blow hot air after 16-18PSI and yes its pretty much useless, but thats not what you asked)
Power vs Lag will be an issue when you start to drift, and getting a car that makes 400+HP but spools at 4500RPM vs 280HP car that spools at 2700 you'll understand why "get the biggest turbo Y0!!!!" mentality is a retarded way of thinking by someone who's got no idea.

As far as drifting - stop being a fanboy. no need to get a JDM Tyte SR Y0!
KAs drift fine, you'll soon realize that there is a lot of money in suspension and tires that will make a difference before you'll need 300+ hp.

But do what you want. Its your car.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
sjkelly
AF Newbie

well thanks but no thanks with the whole ka idea. i want an sr20det blacktop and all i want to no is what is the most powerful t25 housing turbo...i dont feel like changing the manifold so i can run a t3/t4 and wait for boost at 5grand. my integra has a t3/t4 57 trim 63a/r and thats full boost at 4500...im looking to have a fast 12sec car that can handle/ drift really well, so im gonna need better boost response...but i dont want an old pos ka motor
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane2g

T25 housing turbos that are 300+HP are GT2871R or GT2540r with only about 14psi. stock T25 turbo will never reach 300HP so I dunno what Matt is referring to (stock T25 turbo will blow hot air after 16-18PSI and yes its pretty much useless, but thats not what you asked)
Didnt notice the "GT2871R" he posted, just saw t25 bleh reading owns me

Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkelly
...im looking to have a fast 12sec car that can handle/ drift really well
good luck

Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
sjkelly
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_240sx
good luck
you sound like your implying that a 12 sec drift car is hard to build..? did you ever hear of d1? most of those cars are faster than 12s. thanks for nothing
Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

YES, i've heard of d1. My best friend friend owns 2 d1 cars (signal auto twins s13, the copper colored ones) and another friend owns the blue/aqua signal auto s13.5. I believe I posted pics of them, they are original signal auto not replicas. Yes I've driven all 3 of them. They run mid 13 to high 13's EVEN with the signal auto drivers driving. Not saying its impossible to hit 12's; but I'll say it'll be difficult. Their suspension very much tuned for drifting, driving these cars daily isn't fun. Didn't mean to be an ass, my appologies if I seemd that way

Toms signal twins, along with his b16 turbo integra and nsx. yes he is BALLIN!

left twin at HIN guam

Nates signal 240

love peace and chicken greese

Old 08-18-2007, 06:52 AM   #10
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftking777 Send a message via MSN to driftking777

Quote:
you sound like your implying that a 12 sec drift car is hard to build..? did you ever hear of d1? most of those cars are faster than 12s. thanks for nothing
hate to say this, but this is kinda a retarded arguement. A drift car is meant to handle (for the most part) a drag car is meant to squat. the suspension geometry is totally different on the two. I would probably say there is only 3 maybe 4 D1/FD cars that can break 12's easily, and thats only because of there sheer power (Sam's viper, Rhys's GTO, and maybe the mustang) (for some reason the mustangs drivers name eludes me)(then again it is 5am in the morn...lol)...

however in the end, I've also seen a stock SR w/ T25 (upped boost) with the car having a drag suspension run 12's....so power really has nothing to do with it.

~the end....
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
Old 08-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #11
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

gt2871 ftw! i would have used that or a stock t28 (because they're cheap) on my sr. would be ok for your power goals. i agree theres no real need for an aftermarket computer but it would be nice... the only reason i would tell you not to use an SR is passing inspection....

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #12
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane2g
you got most of this shit wrong. don't worry tho.

there is no 275+ cams readily available and the 272 will do fine
cam gears are for hondas
stand alone isn't needed, decent rom tune will keep this within budget.
Greddy manifold isn't needed, very little gains vs cost.
No BOV? hope you hate your turbo.
Drifting on slicks - yeah thats exactly what he asked for.
yeah tnxs for the heads up about the 272 cams

cam gears are needed for tunning the cams bro...

ROM tuning is ok but it sucks bcus its not as user friendly as a SAECU.

U DON"T NEED BOV! i never had one and took it out when i tuned the car. (turbos DON"T spool backward <-- we can argue this forever!)

I do Grip not Drift so the tier reference was inappropriate for a Drifter (i hate drifting)

again tnxs for the head up bro, i don't want to pass on bad info!

E.K.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #13
sjkelly
AF Newbie

ok first of all i no you can have a low 12 sec drift car bc my friends has a t28 sr20 w about 290whpish and he runs loe 13's..other drift cars ive seen have gt35 turbos which are making around 500 hp..now if your gonna tell me that a 500hp drift car wont rum 12's your retarted, also suspension works one way. if you have a drag suspension and you try to drift, well its not gonna work. if you have a drift suspension you can still drag because you can drag on any suspension. ive seen stock suspension dsm's run 11's...so in conclusion, wut turbo is efficent up to 400whp, but will get me around 380 easily. keep in mind that is has to be a t25 housing, i dont need a list of parts to buy, i no wut goes with upgrading turbos. sorry for souing like a dick, but everybody just got off topic
Old 03-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
stang805
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to stang805

the T04E is still gonna take some rpm to spool but would do the job you're looking at, take a look at the turbonetics gt-k 350 too, you can get a mani for around $100 so if you really want to make it fast I would just go a little bigger and the higher rpm boost shouldn't really be a problem since you're probably not gonna be drifting at 2500rpm anyways
Old 03-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
well thanks but no thanks with the whole ka idea. i want an sr20det blacktop and all i want to no is what is the most powerful t25 housing turbo...i dont feel like changing the manifold so i can run a t3/t4 and wait for boost at 5grand. my integra has a t3/t4 57 trim 63a/r and thats full boost at 4500...im looking to have a fast 12sec car that can handle/ drift really well, so im gonna need better boost response...but i dont want an old pos ka motor
if you want me to put in more input, just ask.

for now all im gonna do is call this kid a retarted super street fanboi for saying the KA is a pos. news flash idiot: the SR is just as old and POS. go back to your integra. you offer nothing to the 240 community.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical