Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Technical Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other technical issues here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Tommygunlee
AF Newbie

overheating problems with 240 sx

my 1993 nissan keeps overheating on me only when i put a thermostat in. long story shory, radiator overheated one day and cracked the radiator. I replaced with brand new one and still overheated, i replaced thermostat it still overheated, I replaced waterpump and it still overheated, so i took the thermostat out and it does not overheat, circulates just fine so i know everything is working, i checked the thermostat on stove and it started opening up at about 190 deg. and fully opened. so i put the thermostat back in and i do not see any circulation seems to be alot of backpressure though, wants to try and bubble out. didnt seem to over heat until i put the cap on, does not leak out of cap, and does not leak anywhere else, does not seem to be losing any water after it overheats. i am completely baffled, please help.
Tommygunlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
pnuts86
AF Newbie

Re: overheating problems with 240 sx

hey i had the same issue with my s14, sounds like u have air in the cooling system. This is what i had to do. Get a floor jack and jack the front of your car up as high as it will do make sure it's safe tho. pop off the radiator cap and take off the bleeder start the car and let it run with ur heat on high. this will let all the air out of the system. make sure that the coolent is toped off with fluild tho while the car is running because it's going to spit coolent out as well as air.

good luck
pnuts86 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical