Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 11:31 AM   #16
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
do you want to post some pics?
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:31 PM   #17
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

Maybe soon! Depends when I get time, and when I sell it. I cannot guarantee anything (dodgy camera too)
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:50 PM   #18
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
would be great!
Old 11-05-2002, 08:11 AM   #19
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I will see what I can do. I think the camera is whining at me for something... maybe it is the batteries.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:29 AM   #20
Menu dei Motori
Click here

probably... or no film/chip
Old 11-05-2002, 08:30 AM   #21
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I think it is computers that hold back the power of computers deliberalty so we have to buy new ones all the time.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:57 PM   #22
-FROG-
AF Regular

Ummmmmm.......... you guys know that there a bunch of old Honda Civics that run 9's in the 1/4 mile. so are we gonna start a thread...... Honda's stomping Lambo's? Modding a car, ANY car will make it faster but there is still no compairason to an EXOTIC car by a car that is seen all day on the streets. Supra's (all though they are one of my favorite cars) are a dime a dozen. Stock Supras, run 14's in the 1/4 mile. Add some mods and it's a race car. Lambo's are EXOTIC and are race cars off the lot. Add a few mods and it's a FRIGGIN FAST RACE CAR! No compairison.
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 02:00 AM   #23
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

Exactly :o

Next (stock) challenger!
Old 11-16-2002, 06:10 AM   #24
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Quote:
Originally posted by -FROG-
Ummmmmm.......... you guys know that there a bunch of old Honda Civics that run 9's in the 1/4 mile. so are we gonna start a thread...... Honda's stomping Lambo's? Modding a car, ANY car will make it faster but there is still no compairason to an EXOTIC car by a car that is seen all day on the streets. Supra's (all though they are one of my favorite cars) are a dime a dozen. Stock Supras, run 14's in the 1/4 mile. Add some mods and it's a race car. Lambo's are EXOTIC and are race cars off the lot. Add a few mods and it's a FRIGGIN FAST RACE CAR! No compairison.

thanks

one more who understood the sence of exotic supercars
Old 11-16-2002, 07:37 AM   #25
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

That is the real problem. You can make most cars faster than supercars, but when oyu Modify supercars they just go faster!
Old 11-17-2003, 04:12 AM   #26
HPintegra
AF Newbie

Quote:
if you thinki how much money that supra guy has spended in mods for his car!you can buy 2 diablos! here in panama theres is a supra with 100k spend on him! 10 sec 1/4 mile 1000hp
Quote:
thats far from a stock supra. take the diablo, change the exhaust, add some air filters and 100 shot of nos, and try that race again.
I guarantee you that Lambo is not stock either, if you take the horsepower ratings of a stock Lambo (550) and compare to the power the supra is putting out, that thing should of been left behind even further.

Are you freaking kidding me? What the hell did he do gold plate everything? You can can get a supra way into the 10's for $30 grand including the car. What Lambo can you buy with that? Yes they are nice but way overpriced.

Quote:
Stock Supras, run 14's in the 1/4 mile
Where did u get those numbers from? Try 13.2 stock. With a boost controller, downpipe and an exhaust 12.3. Think a stock Lamborghini hits 12.0. Supra would already be damn close with only about $1k in mods.Why do you think most people around here who own exotic cars have their nice looking exotic, and a supra.

Quote:
It is sad they try to make the cars look good...
Dont know if that film was computer generated or not, but it did not have to be. There are supras around here that will eat Lambos for lunch. Of course their modified, you cant expect to pump out that horsepower stock unless you pay the price up front, as with the Lambo. These videos are made for entertainment, to show how a "dime a dozen car" as the supra, can spank an exotic car. Of course I would love to own a Lambo but my supra right now is suffice. I only got mine for $18k and with only $8k in mods i can get up to 800rwhp. Spend $26k and lose a race you get mad. Spend $100k and lose a race...

Last edited by HPintegra; 11-17-2003 at 04:44 AM.
HPintegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:53 AM   #27
-Davo
Banned

Re: Supras Stomping Diablos again

I haven't read the whole thread, but i thought i'd at my 2 cents....again..

If you put the same mods on a lambo you did on a shit box 2 dollar car, then the only thing you would see is a flash of light and a loud 'bang' (sonic boom). End of story.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 AM   #28
HPintegra
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Supras Stomping Diablos again

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Davo
I haven't read the whole thread, but i thought i'd at my 2 cents....again..

If you put the same mods on a lambo you did on a shit box 2 dollar car, then the only thing you would see is a flash of light and a loud 'bang' (sonic boom). End of story.
Yea and if you put the same amount you spent on a lambo onto a shit box 2 dollar car = same outcome. 100k on a 4 banger,I6,or a V8 could do wonders.
HPintegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #29
allanlambo
AF Regular

Lol, Mr Integra, get your facts straight on the Poopras. First off the Diablo in that video is completely stock, car was taken directly off the showroom floor at Platinum. Ive seen it, looked at it, and touched it.

2nd having raced many a Supra i can tell you exactly what happens. First off the big bad single Turbo make huge power, but only on race gas. Without race gas, they cannot turn the boost up through the roof, and make nowhere near the power. Now moost Supra owners do not drive around all the time on race gas because its A. not available and B. rather expensive. Also, the supra has to be on drag radials, or even at high speeds it will have a very hard time with traction. Thats why when Supra owners race they want to go from a 70-80mph roll.

So here is my exact scenario, on a Single Turbo Supra, on pump gas i raced in Az. From a 30mph roll, the SUpra is toast.We raced several times, to about 150mph, and each time the Diablo wins. On a highway roll, it was very close, usually the winner ending up being whoever got the jump. Once 150-160mph comes along, the Diablo starts to pull again.

The diablo 6.0 was tested by 2 major U.S. magazines at 11.80 in the 1/4, but at 122-123mph. As we all know, the Magazine test drivers are not experts. So with some seat time, the cars are capable of even better. Just as you try to quote a SUpra doing a 13.2, when Ive never been able to see a STock Supra run anywhere near that.

ANyway, i am a fan of the Supra, and i read the Supra forums regularly. Your arguement froma money standpoint is rediculous, as i could take a $5000.00 Pinto and blow away a 800hp Supra. Big Deal, its still a Pinto, just like a Toyota is still a Toyota and a Lamborghini is still a Lamborghini.

Supras are know as dyno queens. They make huge power, but cant put the power to the ground, with many 800hp Supras running low 12's in the 1/4.
www.lambo-power.com
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:00 PM   #30
allanlambo
AF Regular

Re: Supras Stomping Diablos again

Oh and buy the way, you will not get a Supra into the 10's for 30K including the car.
www.lambo-power.com
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo