Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #31
TeKK 009
AF Newbie

Re: 5 cars you hate the most

1. Hummer H2
2. Hummer H3
3. International CXT
4. Excursion
5. Civic w/ Battle Wing, Neon Paintjob, Beer Can Muffler, etc.

It's a wonder where all these Civic owners are, because hating their cars seems to be a common thread and they are usually very vocal in defending their "race mods".
TeKK 009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #32
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

Ricers

Last edited by G-man422; 07-16-2006 at 04:13 PM.
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:58 AM   #33
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

How can you hate a civic, there cheap, easy as shit to make fast, and while most the little ricers prefer these since the aftermarket is amazing for them. You cant base a whole car on the way some dumb ass kid smacked 50lbs of shit on it. And yeah i do hate them to an extent but you have to admit they can be fast as shit.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #34
G-man422
AF Fanatic

^ I never even said they were slow! Chill dude, i understand that they can be made fast, but I'm talkin about the old civics. I'm just tired of the looks. But the new civic is off the chain!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #35
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

1. mustang
2. mustang
3. mustang
4. mustang
5. mustang
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:02 AM   #36
G-man422
AF Fanatic

So, you like mustangs eh? lol
Old 07-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #37
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimprolla112
How can you hate a civic, there cheap, easy as shit to make fast, and while most the little ricers prefer these since the aftermarket is amazing for them. You cant base a whole car on the way some dumb ass kid smacked 50lbs of shit on it. And yeah i do hate them to an extent but you have to admit they can be fast as shit.
Anything can be made fast as shit, I could make a Geo Priszm fast with enought money. And no, you cant make a Civic fast as shit for real cheap. Its just cheap to take if from 130HP to 160, after that, you have to start spending real money, its the same as any other car. Civics are no different then any other car and for the most part, itd be cheaper to buy a different car then all the mods needed to make it fast.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #38
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

So a 13.6 for an all motor civic coupe which has less than 2 grand into it isnt that fast. Granted yes you can make any car fast, with enough money. And yes while you would need close to 10-15k to make ANY beater car break into the low 10's. You can get civics to run 12's for (give or take) depending on how you can get your parts 5k. I already discussed this with polygon a while back, while slapping nitrous on a car would cost less than 500. TO make it reliable is a different story. Everyone of the dsm tuners syas its cheap to make a dsm fast, yes while it might be you forget that to get a nice running hardly abused 4g63 powered talon, eclipse whatever, you need to spend between 3500-12000 depending on year, mileage and which style. In the same aspect you can get a civic shell, or a decent modded civic. Once again depending on year, and so forth between 200-10000. Yes i have bought a civic shell for 200, Already had a rollcage, 17"wheels, and racing seats. Guy didnt want it anymore he was tired of working on project cars. Built that up for 1500 and had it running 13's.

I will agree with you jlad, you can make any car fast with enough money, but civics are so common that there cheaper than most other tuner cars. There like the FOX body mustang of the import world.

My latest project car is a 90 accord, im swapping in a h23a1, ive already started rebuilding it, and im going to put a turbo setup running 10 psi. One of my friends claims it should be a high 12 sec car. After i get the other parts i need IE another block im going to build it to handle 25psi, which should be enough for a mid 10sec street car. AS long as i can get traction. So far after car, engine, turbo, lsd trans, exhaust, and a few other parts ive spent about 2100, and it should be ready to go together within the next month or so.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #39
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

civics shouldnt be defended because of the modabilty but because they are the perfect economy car. theres not a damn thing wrong with them, not because they can be fast but because the are so economical.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:25 PM   #40
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

I am an automobile-enthusiast; I do not hate cars that do not appeal to my tastes.

vintage-red RX-7 twin-turbo
RX-7 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #41
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

i saw a red z06 c6 yesterday and the plate said "YU $$ WISH""
i dont hate the car, but i hate the driver and for his sake hope it gets keyed.
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #42
bluevp00
AF Enthusiast

Any of the new 2007 SUV's that I see on the road. I'm talking about the big ones:

-Chevy Suburban
-Ford Expediton
-GMC Yukon XL
-Caddiliac Escalade
-Hummer H2

Ok, I can understand the owners of older SUV's, gas wasn't $3.30 per gallon when they bought it, more like $1.80, so I do kinda feel sorry for them. But WHO, I ask, thinks of going out & buying a NEW gas guzzler when gas prices are only going to go UP?

This is one thing that I will never understand. The problem is that now I'm seeing more and more brand new SUV's on the roads, and this number is sure to go up soon.
bluevp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #43
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevp00
Any of the new 2007 SUV's that I see on the road. I'm talking about the big ones:

-Chevy Suburban
-Ford Expediton
-GMC Yukon XL
-Caddiliac Escalade
-Hummer H2

Ok, I can understand the owners of older SUV's, gas wasn't $3.30 per gallon when they bought it, more like $1.80, so I do kinda feel sorry for them. But WHO, I ask, thinks of going out & buying a NEW gas guzzler when gas prices are only going to go UP?

This is one thing that I will never understand. The problem is that now I'm seeing more and more brand new SUV's on the roads, and this number is sure to go up soon.
I understand that most dont need these cars, but the Suburban and Expedition could be for people with families that may also need to to a trailor or boat or something.

The escalade, H2, and Yukon are just for show. However, i would love to take someone elses H2 off road.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #44
bluevp00
AF Enthusiast

True, if you do have a family of 8 and need to transport your boat or something, there is a 'practical' purpose for these vehicles. Espically out in rural areas where travel distances are a lot longer.

However, I live in the city, the most 'off roading' that these trucks see is when they hit the curb going around a turn; and are downright hilarious to see trying to park in crowded parking lots. The majority of these vehicles are driven by 1 person, or a family of 4 which could easily fit into a minivan let alone a 4 door. I'm not saying all people who bought these new SUV's are stupid, just the ones who use them against their intended purpose, which sadly, is a lot of people that I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLad10697
However, i would love to take someone elses H2 off road.
Hmm...you take the H2, I'll take the H1!! Lets see who wins.
bluevp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #45
G-man422
AF Fanatic

^ H1 baby!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General