Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 01:33 AM   #91
-Davo
Banned

Re: Replicas

mantus: huh? You're obviouslu judging something that you have no idea of, a Diablo's top speed is far over 310km/hr, or 200mph, and 100km/hr (60mph) in first gear, your mustang means shit to us, and it doesn't have shit when compared to the diablo. But if it were a replica, i'd have MY money on you.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:19 AM   #92
Adrenalin Trip
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTUS
I would rather have a ferrari,Mercedes or a Porsche. Spend the money you were going to spend on the replica on a nice Mercedes
Oh dear. The trolls have returned.

If you are bright enough to open those flaps of skin covering your eyes try and take the effort to point them up slightly and look at the words heading this forum. In case you have trouble with more than one syllable it says 'for-um' and Lam-bor-gi-ni'. I admire you in one way though- there really is proof of a missing link.
Adrenalin Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #93
MANTUS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Replicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Davo
mantus: huh? You're obviouslu judging something that you have no idea of, a Diablo's top speed is far over 310km/hr, or 200mph, and 100km/hr (60mph) in first gear, your mustang means shit to us, and it doesn't have shit when compared to the diablo. But if it were a replica, i'd have MY money on you.
Where the hell are you going to go 200mph? 145mph is all i ever went,and that was too fast for any city around my way. I'm talking about quickness.
MANTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #94
MANTUS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin Trip
Oh dear. The trolls have returned.

If you are bright enough to open those flaps of skin covering your eyes try and take the effort to point them up slightly and look at the words heading this forum. In case you have trouble with more than one syllable it says 'for-um' and Lam-bor-gi-ni'. I admire you in one way though- there really is proof of a missing link.
I was accually wondering that myself. Why am i in a Lamborgini forum saying they suck? I don't know,i must have been bored yesterday. they are nice cars,i agree.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:00 AM   #95
-Davo
Banned

we're saying replica's suck, and they do, end of story, hehe
Old 02-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #96
Mikeydodah
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

Dale Van Blokland’s “Exotic Dream Builders” (website - http://www.lambobuilder.com/edb/) in Austin Texas, in my 7 year of searching opinion, is the best place to buy a Diablo replica. The frame itself was designed like a real Diablo’s, and the body is identical. They look great, and this man doesn’t play around – he is serious about building them exactly right. The actual company that creates the body and frame is North American Exotic Replica Cars at http://www.exoticreplicacars.com/.
Mikeydodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #97
MANTUS
AF Newbie

I'm curious about how old you guys are and what you do for a living,that you can spend $60,000 on a kitcar
Old 02-27-2004, 05:54 PM   #98
MANTUS
AF Newbie

Do these people need Lamborghini's permission,in order to copy these things. It's like the people who sell the fake designer pocketbooks. Alot of these people are now getting busted. I'm sure this guy has some kind of license.I'm willing to bet money,that this guys replicas are much more reliable than the real thing.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:11 AM   #99
-Davo
Banned

why the fuck do you want to know hwo old they are and what they do for a living to afford a REPLICA?? any half wit asshole with a decent pay slip can afford one, i'd be more concerned what the REAL diablo owners do for a living, not some jackass who likes to look good in something that's not real.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:22 AM   #100
MANTUS
AF Newbie

Quote:
why the fuck do you want to know hwo old they are and what they do for a living to afford a REPLICA?? any half wit asshole with a decent pay slip can afford one, i'd be more concerned what the REAL diablo owners do for a living, not some jackass who likes to look good in something that's not real.
I'm not talking about your $30,000 replicas. I'm talking about the good $100,000 ones that are on that guys site. I'm asking the guys who are thinking of getting them,obviously your not one of them.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #101
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Quote:
Do these people need Lamborghini's permission,in order to copy these things. It's like the people who sell the fake designer pocketbooks. Alot of these people are now getting busted. I'm sure this guy has some kind of license.I'm willing to bet money,that this guys replicas are much more reliable than the real thing.
This article touches upon that a bit:
http://www.lamboshop.com/herald.htm

"Heick calls his cars the Vision 2000, since he can't call them Lamborghinis without infringing on the company's patents."

...and...

"The company doesn't need special permission from Lamborghini to produce the cars - because the cars are not technically Lamborghinis."

...and off topic of permissions, but relavent to the replica discussion:

"The original Lamborghini Countach was conceived and designed in the early 1970s, Heick said, and the design was relatively unchanged until the company stopped producing the cars and moved to the Diablo model in 1991.
"The Countach is essentially a dinosaur," he said. But Heick said that every car he and his team build has been changed and modified, a process that he said makes them better than the real thing, which costs nearly 10 times more.
When asked why the original costs so much more, Filho compared it to people paying extra money for designer jeans.
"It's kind of like Levi's," he said. "People are just paying for the tag on the jeans.""

Heick's website:
http://www.lamboshop.com/
Old 03-02-2004, 01:09 AM   #102
-Davo
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Replicas

Quote:
I'm not talking about your $30,000 replicas.

MY 30,000 replicas? what are you talking about? I'm AGAINST them! I've been saying for a few months that you wouldn't catch me DEAD sitting in one.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:36 AM   #103
Adrenalin Trip
AF Newbie

Quote:
Quality. You really are a dolt aren't you? I'm sure that the genuine owners on this site really appreciate your ignorant comments and are probably a little concerned that you are running for Lamborghini ownership (you don't actually have one do you?) and will obviously be as outspoken then as you are now. You really will paint a good picture of a Lamborghini owner.

Considering every genuine owner I have spoken to has been nothing but friendly, polite and curteous I can only hope that I never have the unbearable misfortune of meeting you and your new found love (when you eventually get it that is).

I find it quite amusing that you can knock replica owners as 'jackasses that like to look good in something thats not real' when you can post a comment like 'I'd love to just cruise around to the beach every weekend just to show off...that's my dream/goal.'

Get a life.
Adrenalin Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:29 AM   #104
-Davo
Banned

wow, where did you pull that one from? Your ass?

You obviously do NOT see my point, so why bother arguing when you don't understand?

My point was to question why he asked people who want to build a replica, rather than asking someone who can afford the 'deal deal'
I don't know how much of this thread you've read, but if you have only just started on this page, go and read from the begining, you'll see my point, and everyone elses point.

And I don't doubt that their nice people, my point was to get the other guy to realise than anyone can afford one, so why is he so concerned? I than said That I'd be MORE concerned to know what a REAL diablo owner does for a living to afford such a car. OK?

If you have a habit of abusing people when you dont' even know the full story, than you should get a life.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:49 AM   #105
lambocars
AF Enthusiast

Hello,

this thread is heading the wrong way, please try to keep things polite here ... no name calling and using abusive words ... there are still rules when writing on a forum.

Several people have been banned before, don't become one of them, it's not worth the time and effort you know.

There are people out there that buy a replica, others save up an entire life to be able to buy the real thing ... each his own.

I would like to react to the post about the Countach replica builder ... he states that his replica cost ten times less because it doesn't have the 'name' like on designer jeans.
He is partly right, I agree, but also keep in mind that he doesn't have to earn the money to pay hundreds of people Lamborghini employs, the outstanding loans on the factory and stuff like that.
I think the overhead costs for Automobili Lamborghini are higher than we can imagine ... Ferruccio himself stated that he lost money on every single car he sold during the first years, I don't think any of our replica building friend are losing money on their cars.

As I stated, we all like Lamborghini's and we try to maintain this forum as best as possible ... let's keep it fun for everyone OK ?

Kind regards
lambocars is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo