Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 07:00 PM   #1
balance4
AF Newbie

Paint & body pros opinions please

I’m looking to purchase a 2009 Cadillac. Everything with the car looks amazing for this one owner car with really low miles. The one owner purchased from dealership near the end of 2009 but the car had about 5k miles on it, I’m guessing it was a dealership loaner? Anyway the car is in amazing condition and has clearly always been garage kept and has sub 20k miles. Unfortunately when I had the owner take a few photos of the undercarriage (I live out of state from owner) it appears to my untrained eye that there is clearly red (body color of car is red) overspray on the undercarriage of this 2009 Cadillac? Could this overspray be from the factory? I genuinely believe the owner has had no accidents or is not being honest about the car but those 5k miles the dealership had the car makes me very suspicious? Also if you look at the first picture I find it really strange on the subframe there is a large hole that looks like it was plugged when the overspray was applied? Are there any paint and body pros that can give their opinion on what I’m looking at here.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated
B4
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4157.jpeg (279.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4155.jpeg (297.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4150.jpeg (197.4 KB, 2 views)
balance4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network