Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
cluelesscarguy24
AF Newbie

Fuel pump or anti-theft?

Hi ... I just bought a 91 Miata with 76K miles on it from the auto auction. I test drove the car prior to the sale, it ran perfectly.

When it came through the auction block, the car was being pushed. I thought it ran outta gas or something. After I bought it, I tried to start it. The engine would turn over for a split second, then sputter and die.

I remember hearing this same sound when I bought a Chevy S10 with anti-theft issues, so I inspected the fuse box under the hood. Someone disconnected a red wire related to the anti-theft system. As soon as I connected the wire, the alarm went off. I turned it off with the wireless remote. To make a short story long, the engine still wouldn't crank over. There's a black box underneath the dash (passanger side) with anti-theft system related wiring (it says Pursuit Alarm System on the box). One of the clips (with a red and green wire leading into the black box) are detached. There's also a thin black wire that's detached. I don't know if these necessarily have to be connected to anything. The guy bidding against me probably tampered with the car. I just don't know if it's anti-theft related, fuel pump related, or both. Any ideas? Thanks in advance ...
cluelesscarguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata