Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 05:09 PM   #61
littledagger
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to littledagger
I can't see the EVO VII that will be sold in the states to be close to the one in Japan. It cost me $30000 in Japan and it will cost me another $4000-$5000 to import to the states. So imagine what the cost will be after shipping charges and the cost for Mitsu to make the changes at the factories to make them with the steering wheel for right side driving.

Littledagger
littledagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 10:27 AM   #62
-EclipZ-
AF Newbie

Ya Rite

FUCK THE EVO VII...EVO VII SUCKS...EVO VI ALL THE WAY..YA!!!
-EclipZ- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 03:49 AM   #63
Yogi_B
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Yogi_B
You have no idea what your talking about do you -EclipZ-.
Yogi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 03:20 PM   #64
nyustar
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Evo VIII is coming

The Evo VIII is coming out in the US. The Evo VII will most likely be here as well. What Mitsubishi is doing is setting a goal of selling 10,000 Evo VII's then releasings the VIII's. This should all happen around January 2003. Who the hell cares if it's a VII or an VIII. The US has never had an Evo and played a trick on everyone last year when they came out with the regular Lancer which runs under 100 hp (pathetic). Many thought that there would be and Evo model but were sadly mistaken. So be happy that an Evo is coming no matter what model it is. :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper
nyustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:17 PM   #65
boostislove
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to boostislove
Re: Evo VIII is coming

Quote:
Originally posted by nyustar
The Evo VIII is coming out in the US. The Evo VII will most likely be here as well. What Mitsubishi is doing is setting a goal of selling 10,000 Evo VII's then releasings the VIII's. This should all happen around January 2003. Who the hell cares if it's a VII or an VIII. The US has never had an Evo and played a trick on everyone last year when they came out with the regular Lancer which runs under 100 hp (pathetic). Many thought that there would be and Evo model but were sadly mistaken. So be happy that an Evo is coming no matter what model it is. :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper
somehow I don't believe you... The lancer we have now is 120 hp (not much more than the sub-100 you quoted, but still) and I highly doubt Mistsu will say 'here's the Evo VII you all wanted, and we're going to give you a new generation just a few months after the much-anticipated release of that car, just to piss you off!'. I'm calling bullshit on ya, man
boostislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:14 PM   #66
Fireballer
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Fireballer
Direct from someone on the inside, the Evo VII will be released in Jan 03, and the VIII will probably be the 2005 car. We will be a year behind Euro and Japan.

-=Soon to be the owner of an Evo 7=-

Last edited by Fireballer; 03-19-2002 at 10:55 PM.
Fireballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:36 PM   #67
MR.MITSU
AF Newbie

Wink EVOIII-not yet.

Greeting from a first time replier, long time reader!

I have read all of you getting quite fanatic about an Evo 8
It's farther off than you think, but in the mean while you will be very , very, pleased with the VII. Comming to a dealer near you including me Jan of 03. And yes little dagger it will be under $30,000!

The Evo 8 will not be here in 04- but you may see an RS model instead. Not that it matters the tricked out version EVO 260 hp comes first, watch the european and Jap versions they will continue to be 1 MY ahead of the imported US market.
MR.MITSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:15 AM   #68
morgnum
AF Newbie

I dont know, I kind of see the possibility of the evo 8 coming in Jan. I mean for hte last few model years, mitsu has been bringing a new evo every january. and They wouldnt bring the evo 7 to us, when they knew they could have made sales.They now say it will be realeased in Jan here. and if they follow their trend, the evo 8 will be coming in Jan. And why would they put the last year model out to the U.S. when a new model just came out. then we would all be whining about getting the new model. so why not jsut bring it here. I dont know, its late, im going to go to bed. Its possible. probably not, just a "possible analogy" any see it?
morgnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #69
BLUE AND BLACK
AF Newbie

Re: EVOIII-not yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by MR.MITSU
Not that it matters the tricked out version EVO 260 hp comes first, watch the european and Jap versions they will continue to be 1 MY ahead of the imported US market.
Not quite.. The Japs are allways 1 year ahead of us. The LHD RS & RS2 models have officially arrived 2 or 3 weeks ago. Same was with the EVO V (only LHD as RS model) and the EVO VI.
Japan's carmanufacturers will ALLWAYS serve their domestic market first.

BTW except for the LHD the spec of the official Euro car is the same as the Japanese car. Even the warningstickers are in Japanese.

Nico
EVO-less as it is in the rallyshop getting some go faster goodies.
BLUE AND BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote