Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 08:52 PM   #31
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Re: F1 Owner on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernobyl
Right here's a question!

People constantly debate what these machines are worth but lets have cold figures..how much did you pay for the privilege?

Too personal a question? then tell me to get lost

Im just curious.
What they're worth is what someone is willing to pay. For example, I bought the LM because it was available and I wanted it, thinking it might be the only opportunity I would ever have to own an original LM. I paid a HUGE premium over my other F1's. Since I will NEVER sell it, what is it worth? No way to answer that question. Although there are more F1 road cars around, there are still too few that come up for sale to establish a reliable market price.

Watch what happens. You might be surprised. Some cars may go for much more than you'd guess and then a few months later the reverse could be true. or vice/versa. Since there's several "on the market" right now, this will be an interesting test.
fselldorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:17 PM   #32
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

i'll try and average all the latest sales out later
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #33
TcarR
AF Regular

Have you ever considered buying a GTR and racing it? not necessarily competively, but for use exclusively on the track. And if you had to sell either 007 or 068 to pay for it which one would you put on the market (i.e. out of the two standard road cars which one do you like best?)

BTW: thanks for the oppurtunity to ask these questions!!
TcarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:28 PM   #34
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

well from what people (ahem, Jomo) have said, 007 IS for sale.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #35
TcarR
AF Regular

mini, do you think the signature on 007 makes it any more valueable?
TcarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #36
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

no. you can send off any part of any f1 and get Mr. Murray or whoever to sign it. Btw, my name is Chris, its in my sign, feel free to call me that.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:19 PM   #37
McLaren Mike
AF Regular

Hello Mr Seldorf, Before I start, I would just like to complement you on your generosity in displaying and letting people go for rides in your f1s.

Since this is the only time I probably will ever talk to an owner, may I ask these questions:

2) Have you bin to any McLaren functions or meetings hosted by McLaren Cars?
3) I heard from other owner comments, you should only consider buying a McLaren if you are commited and really willing to 'fit the bill', he discribes Insurance and Check Ups as rediculously extortionate. Was this the case for you? On the Jerermy Clarkson video, he discribes a check up or the like as 25000 dollars.
4) Have any of your friends or associated own(ed) an F1. Were they as passionate about the F1 as you are, or as rumours has it, it is just an expression of their wealth (eg Sultan of Brunai).
5) If you could own any chassis, what would it be? Would you ever consider an F1GT.

If you would not like to answer any of these questions, feel free.
Any replys would be greatly appreciated

regards

-Mike

Last edited by McLaren Mike; 04-16-2004 at 07:28 AM.
McLaren Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:28 AM   #38
NarutoRamen
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NarutoRamen
Thank you for giving me a chance to ask you these questions.

Well Mr. Selldorff, my question is since your cars were brought to america as Show vehicles...allowing you to put 2500mi every year. Do those miles only count for the open road (highways, city streets) or do they also count the time on track (if any is spent on track, I don't know).

My other question is how do they keep track of the miles you've driven...is there some sort of a yearly checkup??

If you don't want to answer these questions feel free, but if you do then that would be great.
NarutoRamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:35 AM   #39
350Zyprexa
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

Just a quick question for Mr. Selldorff:

What's your SECOND favourite road car to drive?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
350Zyprexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:56 AM   #40
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Mr. Selldorff,

I hate to add to the piling list of questions, but an opportunity like this dosen't often come along.

Do other motorists make daily driving difficult? I mean, if I saw a Mclaren on the road, I'm sure their would be a large part of me that would want to follow it, and seeing as the car isn't exactly inconspicuous I think other motorists may feel the same way. I suppose what I'm really asking is, do people get so drawn to the car on the road that it causes traffic problems/accidents?

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:43 AM   #41
maartenvanthek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to maartenvanthek
have you ever driven your cars on the limit on a track for a fast time? and if so, how much fuster was it then other established supercars?
maartenvanthek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #42
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcarR
Have you ever considered buying a GTR and racing it? not necessarily competively, but for use exclusively on the track. And if you had to sell either 007 or 068 to pay for it which one would you put on the market (i.e. out of the two standard road cars which one do you like best?)

BTW: thanks for the oppurtunity to ask these questions!!
Yes, i considered buying a GTR to have something to drive on the track, but I probably wouldn't race it. 007 is my "driver", 068 has never been on the road. I'm not sure which one i'd sell (it'd be tough to break 068's cherry if I sold 007), it'd be tough to sell 068.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:32 PM   #43
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

but jomo said that 007 was for sale and on the market. someone has some explaining to do (ahem ahem jomo..)
Old 11-05-2003, 07:59 PM   #44
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Mike
Hello Mr Seldorf, Before I start, I would just like to complement you on your generosity in displaying and letting people go for rides in your f1s.

Since this is the only time I probably will ever talk to an owner, may I ask these questions:
1) Do you know of any, any owners in Australia? It only occurs to me that Dean Wills, owner of Coke Amatil and others etc. And Isuzu owner Lindsay Fox and LinFox (major trucking industry).
2) Have you bin to any McLaren functions or meetings hosted by McLaren Cars?
3) I heard from other owner comments, you should only consider buying a McLaren if you are commited and really willing to 'fit the bill', he discribes Insurance and Check Ups as rediculously extortionate. Was this the case for you? On the Jerermy Clarkson video, he discribes a check up or the like as 25000 dollars.
4) Have any of your friends or associated own(ed) an F1. Were they as passionate about the F1 as you are, or as rumours has it, it is just an expression of their wealth (eg Sultan of Brunai).
5) If you could own any chassis, what would it be? Would you ever consider an F1GT.

If you would not like to answer any of these questions, feel free.
Any replys would be greatly appreciated

regards

-Mike

1) No, sorry.
2) I've been to the factory where I was given a complete tour of both facilities, but no I have not been to any McLaren F1 races.
3) Noone should buy an F1 who can't afford a proportionate amount allocated to maintenance and repairs. $1Million+ cars don't get tue-ups for $19.95 at Jiffy-Lube.
4) None of my close friends own an F1. I am familiar with other owners, and they run the gammit from enthusiastic driver (like me) to image-only buyers.
5) I'd like to get a race car sometime.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:06 PM   #45
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoRamen
Thank you for giving me a chance to ask you these questions.

Well Mr. Selldorff, my question is since your cars were brought to america as Show vehicles...allowing you to put 2500mi every year. Do those miles only count for the open road (highways, city streets) or do they also count the time on track (if any is spent on track, I don't know).

My other question is how do they keep track of the miles you've driven...is there some sort of a yearly checkup??

If you don't want to answer these questions feel free, but if you do then that would be great.
I assume the law covers all miles, road and track. I'm not aware what they do to verify mileage. I just make sure i don't exceed the mileage so if they "spot check" me i will be in compliance.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1