Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
austin147
AF Newbie

ford fiesta EAC problem

hi my 2002 1.4 trend 16v has no engine power a digital read out warning appears EAC fail ,,,but today the car started 1st time ??? any idear what to do The car has done 15000 miles from new when i purchased it thank you
austin147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
s.williams161085
AF Newbie

Re: ford fiesta EAC problem

hi, i have the same car but in the lx model and same year, my car had the same problem, i found out it was the throttle pedal position sensor switch, dont worry not as bad as it sounds, its just a little sensor that attatches to your inlet manifold all you do is unscrew a couple of screws and unclip the plug and refitting is just the same but in reverse of taking it off. mine used to come on when i was driving and all i done was switch the car off and restart it and it would be ok for a few days, the engine managment light use to stay on for a bit but after the engine had been switched on and off for a few times it would go back off.
s.williams161085 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta