Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
vwtoyhonda
AF Newbie

Angry 95 camary not plaing nice

Hello, I just bought a 95 toy cam 135k from my mom, who had all of the service done at the dealership since she bought it as a cert. preowned 1n 97. However I needed to replace the struts and give it a tune up since it’s been sitting for approx 3mo. so I changed plugs, wires & struts the car ran good not as much passing power as it used to so I added lucus fuel system cleaner, and approx 10min later the car died. I assumed it knocked sludge loose and clogged the fuel filter so I changed the fuel filter (pain in the a**) nasty looking fuel came out of the filter. after I put every thing back together it ran great I tried to drive it and at approx 4k rpm it sputtered and died, it started again and I limped home (ran like sh**) it ran ok with no load on it (in park) however quick rives or in drive it would stall, I then tried to let it idle in the drive way and after a few min it would sputter and die with a vapor exhaling from the throttle body, then it would not start at all after charging the battery all night I stated it and drove 1 1/2 blocks it died and would not restart, after walking home mad I had to tow it home with my wife’s Honda (great picture) for Honda. Please help I’m a novice and have spent allot of time and money for a car that now wont run.

Last edited by vwtoyhonda; 11-13-2005 at 03:46 PM.
vwtoyhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #2
Joe W
AF Enthusiast

Re: 95 camary not plaing nice

Sounds like the fuel filter again. If it was that bad, it may be plugged up again. At least now you have experience!
Joe W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
AccordCodger
AF Enthusiast

vwtoyhonda - just a tip - you might get more help if you made your post more readable. With no punctuation or capitals, I for one glazed over and stopped reading after struggling with the first two or three lines.
AccordCodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
Mike Gerber
AF -Advisor

I would start by checking to see if there are any stored trouble codes. If I found nothing, I would look further in to the ignition system, since you say "it died with vapor exhaling from the throttle body". It seems to be getting fuel but doesn't seem to have a good spark. I would try replacing the distributor cap and rotor, since you already replaced the plugs and wires. If that doesn't help, I would look at the coil. You will need a DVM and a manual for that to get the specs. There is a generation 3 manual at the top of this forum. I would also check the timing, if a timing light is available to you.

Good luck.

Mike
Mike Gerber is online now   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista