Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #16
4G4D Store
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 4G4D Store Send a message via AIM to 4G4D Store Send a message via MSN to 4G4D Store Send a message via Yahoo to 4G4D Store
Re: Bringing it back to life!

Nice on the DC2 seats - I got a set of DC GSR seats I'm thinking about installing as well. Lots of stuff to get done!!!
Old 07-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #17
Tony
TLD Member #1

Send a message via AIM to Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G4D Store View Post
Nice on the DC2 seats - I got a set of DC GSR seats I'm thinking about installing as well. Lots of stuff to get done!!!
GSR Seats would have been nice, but for $60 I'm not complaining. The seats that are in it currently are torn and garbage. These will be a nice fit, especially when I get the seat belts moved to the pillar instead of those auto belts.

I was hoping to get the seats a little more clean, and then I remembered this isn't going to be a show car so it doesn't matter that much. I'm still going to clean them, but not worry about perfection.

91 Civic Sedan DX - Stock 287k Miles
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #18
Tony
TLD Member #1

So yesterday I finally went out and did some more work on the seats and ran into a couple of snags.

My first was when I did research on installing DC2 seats into an EF, everything I came across was to swap the seat pans. Okay, I can handle that. I proceed to remove the seat pans of the DC2 seats as I clean the seats. I remove the EF seats and start disassembling and find out that, at least the Sedan with Auto Seat belts, the pan is way different with the back part of the seat actually mounting further in on the pan versus on the outside.

Great now I'm actually further behind than I was at square one because this won't work. I take the DC2 rails, no seats, and see how they line up with the floor pan. Only the rear outside bolt doesn't line up and that can be solved with a longer bolt and a spacer. Clearly I should have done a test fit before messing with the pans. The other rear bolt actually does need to be longer as well, so both of those are waiting on that. Now I've just have to finish cleaning them and reassembly what didn't need to be taken a part.

Next thing is the carpet is trash in the car and anyone that knows my old hatch knows it had no interior. That wasn't my original goal with this one but after finding a laundry list of other issues with the interior, it has to go. So since I'm removing the seats to swap out, it makes sense to go ahead and remove the carpet now. These things go quick in an EF, especially when you have no plans on reinstalling most of it. Now I need to make a trip to the dump to get rid of seats.

It's starting to look like my kind of Civic now.

I'm actually digging the no headrest look and it saves me the time and trouble of cleaning them.

I still need to get back to finishing up the battery box since I hurried it and never mounted it properly, which ripped out the ground cable. Now that I've decided to remove the interior, I also need to figure out how I want the trunk area done as it does still have it's carpet and really should be sealed away from the passenger area since I have the battery back there.

I also had issues with the wipers since I got it. The transmission was worn out so I replaced it and it tightened everything up, but at least one of the bushings popped back off. They were all cracked and I can't find replacements. I haven't decided if I want to see about getting new bushings made or just say screw it and remove them also. It's not like I don't have another car to drive in bad weather.

I don't really plan on doing anything major to the car unless I find the right deals or it needs something before I get my Subaru paid off.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #19
4G4D Store
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 4G4D Store Send a message via AIM to 4G4D Store Send a message via MSN to 4G4D Store Send a message via Yahoo to 4G4D Store

I need to get a hold of one of those bushings so I can try and copy it with my 3d printer.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #20
Tony
TLD Member #1

Quote:
I need to get a hold of one of those bushings so I can try and copy it with my 3d printer.
Once i get take mine back out, I can send them to you.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #21
namawasabi
AF Newbie

Just saying hi. I am an OG member from waaaaay back in 2000, when ladynredsi was still a regular participant in the yahoo club (which later became the yahoo group) for EF Civics.

I went away for a couple of decades, the group got dissolved, and I raised a family.

I just found this forum, so hello to you all, and this is my car:

https://imgur.com/r/Honda/pjaoD
namawasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #22
Tony
TLD Member #1

I finally had some time this weekend to work on the Sedan some more and got it back up and running. Both DC2 seats are in, I'm still missing the passenger side seat belt latch and only have the lap belts until I replace the belts on the chassis.

The battery ground is on a welded in bolt for now, will probably end up moving that down the road. The battery box is strapped in as well, still not an end plan but it will work for now.

I decided to leave the carpet and lower interior panels out, but did put the center console back in because I learned with my hatch that it helps keep drinks level between the seat and ebrake handle.

I also figured it was time to retire the 29 year old front door speakers and get a cheap head unit for bluetooth. Using gift cards I got from work and spent $60 at Walmart to get a Dual Bluetooth head unit for $17 and around $46 for some Pioneer door speakers. Quality is not amazing, but its a ton better than what I had. The goal is installing an old Sony Xplod amp that was given to and maybe the quality will improve.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #23
4G4D Store
AF Enthusiast

You know that I make custom cup holders and stuff for all the EFs now right?

naytontech.com
Old 09-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #24
Tony
TLD Member #1

Quote:
You know that I make custom cup holders and stuff for all the EFs now right?

naytontech.com
I do know that, the thing I dont know is what all is staying to know where exactly I want a cup holder.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee