Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
88Townie
AF Newbie

12V Air Compressors

Hey folks, I'm new here. I'm looking to get a portable 12v air compressor and was wondering what kind you guys own, and why you like it.

Do you guys prefer/ would you guys prefer attaching leads directly to your battery to power the compressor, or do you guys prefer using the cigarette lighter power supply?

What kind of connection do you like using with your valve stem? The threaded kind that screws onto the valve stem, or the lever type that you'd see on most bike pumps?

Does your air compressor have a light on it, and do you find it useful, or do you think it's unnecessary?

Thanks for the input guys!
88Townie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Re: 12V Air Compressors

I have 3 of them - a Sears, a Harbor Freight Jumppak w/compressor, and a Coleman. I use the Coleman most often because it has a screwon end and it pumps the tire up faster. The Sears and Coleman both are lighter socket plug-in units, the Jumppak has its own battery, but, its clamp on end is hard to use. The nice thing about the Coleman is that it can do either high pressure for tires, and, low pressure, high volume for air mattresses, beach toys, etc. Neither the Sears or the Coleman have a built-in light, so, I carry flashlights in the cars as well.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote