Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 11:30 PM   #16
wqbang
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to wqbang
Long time no see Chris!

How are you? How's the family! Bree says Hi!
Old 05-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #17
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

I really like my IPF's on top. Great light spread (back to part of my side window), and with my IPF Rally's I get focused far coverage. With floods up high, and driving lights low the two angles keep things from sneaking up on you.

Lightforce lights are becomming popular in our club. They can be manually focused from "flood" to "spot" like a mag light. Only downside is they're plastic and on top you might get one broken by a tree branch like one of our club members did.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:19 PM   #18
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Cool Re: Shot of my arb skid....

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquamander
I saw the pic of the Shrockworks skid Rick modified. Nice work Rick!

Thanks Chris!

Nice to see you again! You always have good input on ideas and stuff!
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #19
kinetic
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kinetic
Hey Aqua, Glad to see you got the rock lights on and had a blast at Tellico. I can take some pics of where I mounted mine in the wheel wells if you need me to. I managed to stuff some 6" round TSC specials in there.
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 10:20 PM   #20
Aquamander
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aquamander Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamander
Good to be back around....

Thanks Brad, I've thought about putting some lights there but I was wondering, does it get muddied up pretty good there? BTW, thanks for your input on some of my latest mods...The shelf has been awesome!

I might be able to work out something on the skid, let me see if I can "liberate" some material. If you wanted to pay a little xtra, I could even have it red anodized for you!! :smoker2:

Bryan! Good to hear from you too my friend. Hope everything is well with you guys too. The boys love that Bree! Were all doing very well thanks. Tell her we said hello, I'm toasting you two as I type! Cheers!

Thanks for the info Schlud, I like the IPF's too. I'm probably going to go with them. I have the PC 130's on the ARB that cast pretty good flood but I would like more lighting on top. (apparently, I'm going to need them. When we go on our night runs, it always seems like we spend a little more time on the trail than we anticipated!) Isn't that right kinetic? hehehehe

Hi Rick, I've been watching the cool stuff you have done as well, love the machined brackets for the roof basket! Might have to make me some! Just wait until the polishers finish with the lightbar! Talk about your bling-bling! Actually I'm having it polished to make it a little more resistant to tarnishing.

Kinetic, you need to join me at Tellico. Perhaps sometime in August? Keep in touch dude. Yes, pics would be nice! Brad, I know it's tough to get away but it would be fun to wheel with you too.

I think I got everyone there...
Aquamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 10:40 PM   #21
RedX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RedX
Chris...the red anodized would be VERY cool.

As for the rock lights...no muddy probs yet. Even when muddy...the light seems to power thru pretty strong anyways. I'm happy so far. We'll see after this weekend's mudfest at Uwharrie.

A trip wheeling is definitely in order. I am going to be making the Tellico Tuff trip in September I think. And I'm gonna head to Coal Creek after the plant tour. Damn....I want that locker!!!!! Ah well. Soon I hope.

Anyhoo....take it easy....Join us at CC if you can. We'll beup there on Friday night (June 6th), wheel on Saturday, my B-day, and head out Sunday.. Carlton will be playing as well as others....Georgia X, I think.

:frog:
RedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:53 AM   #22
Aquamander
AF Regular

Unhappy I can't make it this year....

Let me see what I can workout on the plate and I'll get back to you...

I can't make the CC trip after the plant tour this year, I'm riding the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia this year. I'll be riding from Bainbridge, Ga to St.Marys. Hate that I have to miss it, but the bike tour is pretty awesome too. I missed last years ride.

I might do the Tellico thing in September depending on the date. What weekend is that? I have to go to France the week of the 22nd. Who's hosting that NOR? is there a link to the event info?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:37 AM   #23
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 06:25 PM   #24
kinetic
AF Newbie

Driver side....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture0211.jpg (14.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-16-2003, 06:28 PM   #25
kinetic
AF Newbie

Passenger side. It sits a little lower than the drivers side as you can see, But I have yet to have any problems with them.
I have more that I can email you if you like. I didnt want to clutter the board too bad.
Hope to see you at Tellico Tuff too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture0200.jpg (21.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #26
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Clutter away! I am sure most of us would like to see where you have the others stuffed!

Maybe I missed it? But these are all rigged to one switch?
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 PM   #27
Aquamander
AF Regular

Cool Thanks for the pics...

I was thinking about something along the same lines but aimed back instead of downwards. I like that area too because it will put them higher than where I have the center one now. Don't they get muddied up pretty good there?

Tellico Tough is out for me that week. I'll be in France.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:41 PM   #28
kinetic
AF Newbie

Cool

I didnt mean to hi-jack your post man. :o

All 5 of my rock lights are wired up to two switches. Even with the mud and such, They still work rather well and its a 55W sealed beam light and its cheap to replace if they get broken. The side lights are up on the frame rails, and the back light is where the old spare tire carrier bolted up.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #29
evergreen
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by kinetic
I didnt mean to hi-jack your post man. :o

All 5 of my rock lights are wired up to two switches. Even with the mud and such, They still work rather well and its a 55W sealed beam light and its cheap to replace if they get broken. The side lights are up on the frame rails, and the back light is where the old spare tire carrier bolted up.
more pics would be great.