Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 08:47 AM   #46
stangvette1
Banned

Besides for SVTerminator, you guys are a bunch of chevy-loving freaks that don't know anything about the cobra. That was one article in one magazine. Big DEAL!!!!!!! SVTerminator is smart. He knows about the cobra. As for some of the rest of you guys, I'm not sure that you know much of anything. :finger:
Old 06-02-2003, 09:33 AM   #47
SVTerminator
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by stangvette1
Besides for SVTerminator, you guys are a bunch of chevy-loving freaks that don't know anything about the cobra. That was one article in one magazine. Big DEAL!!!!!!! SVTerminator is smart. He knows about the cobra. As for some of the rest of you guys, I'm not sure that you know much of anything. :finger:
They are expert Magazine racers.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:37 AM   #48
stangvette1
Banned

I know!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #49
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
yes i drive a cougar----i must be a chevy fan

and i just love how precise your arguments got....yeah i must be masine racer....especially compared to you that are respected in all the forums here and have time slips that you guys got by testing both cars and can prove the cobra is better....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 06-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #50
stangvette1
Banned

I'm sorry of accusing you of being a chevy fan, Neutrino. I just really think that people under-estimate the cobra. It is a great car and the best bang for the buck @ $34,000. I'm not saying that the Z06 cannot beat a cobra; I'm just saying that it is possible for a stock cobra to beat a stock Z06. Their 0-60 and quarter mile times are almost identical, and I really think that in a race, it would come down to the driver!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:30 PM   #51
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:

Grow up

It was proven that the Vette is better than the Mustang- get over it- unless you canprove otherwise

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 06-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #52
stangvette1
Banned

Yes, I know that the majority of people in this forum have said that the vette is better. But what I do understand is that this is a forum which voices people's opinions ( not neccessarily the truth) and not a race track!!!! I have looked at many SVT sights, and people in those sights say that they can kill Z06s with their 03 cobra. On a race track this is my opinion: they are near equals and the conclusion will be determined by the driver. p.s. I do have proof that the cobra's horsepower numbers are underrated and that actually the cobra has around 430 net. Just go to www.stangnet.com and look in the svt forums. There is a thread about it with true stock dyno results.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #53
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
Yes, I know that the majority of people in this forum have said that the vette is better. But what I do understand is that this is a forum which voices people's opinions ( not neccessarily the truth) and not a race track!!!! I have looked at many SVT sights, and people in those sights say that they can kill Z06s with their 03 cobra. On a race track this is my opinion: they are near equals and the conclusion will be determined by the driver. p.s. I do have proof that the cobra's horsepower numbers are underrated and that actually the cobra has around 430 net. Just go to www.stangnet.com and look in the svt forums. There is a thread about it with true stock dyno results.
the problem with those siter is that they are biased.....most mustang guys that i know compare their car with the vette....especiallly after modding the suspension the most heard aboout words are i can outhandle a vette....you know it might even be true but i have yet to see proff...either with my own eyes or froma third source (profesional and unbiased), actaully allthose magazine that tested it had very good things to say about it....but those were the numbers they came up with ...

in another article for example the cobra beat a g35 coupe on a track....the g35 took the corners faster but the 100hp/Tq gap was enough for the cobra to make up on the starights....so in some cases the tests the cobra wins...(and btw i want to buy a G35 so i'm biased but still admit it was beat in at least one test).....so there are cars the cobra can beat and cars it can't....yes its a very good value fort the money and probably a better bang for the buck...but from all the tests that i saw the zo6 outperforms it.......

(\__/)
Old 06-02-2003, 06:53 PM   #54
1BAD305
AF Regular

mustang + corner = nightmare. the quad shock, 4 link suspension is not designed for cornering and the weight distribution wont allow that car to keep the rearend planted around a hard turn. mustangs have a hard time out handling fbodys nevermind a vette
Old 06-02-2003, 08:33 PM   #55
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Well consider me unbiased because I like Mopars. But I know the Z06 Vette is a tad faster. And will also outhandle the stang. Sorry Ford guys
But as far as price=performance I would go with the SVT cobra. Just do a couple of mods that will still equal way less than the price of a Z06 and the Stang will outperform the Vette in every way. Sorry Chevy fans

Just get a Viper and call it a day.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #56
stangvette1
Banned

Even though I am a Ford man, I will admit that the vette and Z06 will both out-handle a cobra. Yes, the Z06 will probably win in a race around the track a couple times. That's where I would like to see the cobra improved. The Z06 is a great car. I'm just saying that on a straight away that the cobra could possibly keep up or even beat the Z06 with a good driver! :flash:
Old 06-02-2003, 10:11 PM   #57
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
Even though I am a Ford man, I will admit that the vette and Z06 will both out-handle a cobra. Yes, the Z06 will probably win in a race around the track a couple times. That's where I would like to see the cobra improved. The Z06 is a great car. I'm just saying that on a straight away that the cobra could possibly keep up or even beat the Z06 with a good driver! :flash:
what they really need to change on the cobra's is the weight...3600+ pounds is way to much for a sports car....get it close to 3000 and then wi'll talk....i don't like how heavy cars feel...even if they make up with power..i know they are trying to make it cheap but give some aluminum

(\__/)
Old 06-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #58
1BAD305
AF Regular

theres no way around it, were surronded by delusional people.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:48 AM   #59
SVTerminator
AF Newbie

The Z06 is a better car overall, but you pay for it. The Cobra has a better dollar to horsepower ratio. The ZO6 is an awsome car and in most cases would beat the Cobra stock for stock. Modded is a different story if price is an issue. The only kind of racing that I am going to do in my daily driver is drag race it or race it stop light to stop light so I don't need a vette for that purpose.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #60
SVTerminator
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD305
mustang + corner = nightmare. the quad shock, 4 link suspension is not designed for cornering and the weight distribution wont allow that car to keep the rearend planted around a hard turn. mustangs have a hard time out handling fbodys nevermind a vette
Have you driven an '03 Cobra? This car will out proform any production F-body ever built, on the street, on the track, and on the drag strip.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons