Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
blackride
AF Newbie

clicking noise on the drivers side

I have a 2004 Xterra SE and at speeds of 55mph and higher I am getting a clicking noise on the drivers side. It appears to be coming from the door and I think it is happening towards the top of the window but I cant be sure. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is drving me MAD so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
blackride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
gl1500c
AF Newbie

Re: clicking noise on the drivers side

My 2000 makes the noise you describe but on the passenger side... and it drives me nuts too! Mine does it at slower speeds on rough roads and at highway speed. I've taken the door panel off and the noise continues. If I push or pull on the door it seems to stop it. Today I opened the door so that it was only half latched and the noise seemed to go away. I'm currently wondering if its the door seal making the noise as it rubs against the door (vibration).

Like you said, driving me MAD!

-ethan
gl1500c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
blackride
AF Newbie

It is the weather strip at the top of the window. To test it I took a #2 pencil and put it in the strip and the sound completly stopped! I took it to Nissan and showed them. They told me they would nee to replace the whole strip which was not cheap so I just went out and got a small piece of foam the size of a #2 pencil to fix the problem.
blackride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: clicking noise on the drivers side

Funny. That problem is soooooo old I had completely forgotten about it. It was pretty common with the first Xterras. I had new strips and adhesive under warranty back then.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail