Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
TheRealCrazy8
AF Newbie

2009 Crown Vic Interceptor Light Issues

So I have just purchased a 2009 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor and everything is going great, except for one problem I am having. My lights seem to randomly get brighter and flicker back and fourth between a little brighter and standard brightness. Its hard to explain but its almost as if there is a random surges of current or something, I don't know. I also notice this behavior when I press the gas pedal.

This is not only the headlights, its also the dash lights and they do it in sequence. To make matters more interesting I noticed this morning on my way to work that the air ALSO blows a little harder in sequence to the lights. So when the lights flicker to the brighter side, the air blows harder and when the lights return to the standard brightness, the air also returns to normal strength.

This is very hard to explain so I hope its making sense. The times that this is happening, are in very quick bursts lasting just fractions of a second, but will happen multiple times. I will say that when the lights go brighter, its not to full brightness, its just a little brighter. I would like to get this fixed because not only is it annoying to me, but I would imagine the person a head of me also probably doesn't appreciate it much.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help.
TheRealCrazy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
fleettech
AF Regular

Re: 2009 Crown Vic Interceptor Light Issues

have the battery and alternator tested could be battery getting weak
Old 03-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2009 Crown Vic Interceptor Light Issues

A bad diode in the alternator will make the lights flare up esp. on acceleration. It'll still charge until another diode shorts and then it will start draining the battery. Most auto parts stores' testing won't show this. The solution is to replace the alternator.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria