Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
saxo11
AF Newbie

have you ever considered buying abroad?

hi there, to anyone who loves cars, and im sure everyone on this site does, i have stumbled across something that i think is amazing, i was searching the web and found a company called sr customs, if anyone else has heard of them they specialize in making exact replicas of all the dream cars all of us want in life but usually cant afford, so cars like rolls, bently, ferrari, maybach, lamborghini, mercedes, etc... well when i saw the prices i was staggered, i flipped through a magazine and quickly realized the alternatives to the price of these replicas, that also come with a 3 year warranty, are of the following, these are british cars so if you are from the us and canada then you probly might not recognize a few of them, so in the same price range of $20,000 us- about $75k for the lambo thats made off another lambos chasis, you can have things like any alfa romeo, an ariel atom, an audi a1-s4, a bmw 1-5 series, a cadallac cts, basically any chevy, or bottom end corvette, any chrysler, any citroen, any daihatsu, any fiat, any ford, apart from the gt40, any honda, any hyundai, a jaguar xf, a jeep, any kia, a few land rovers, any mazda, a few low end mercedes, a mini, any mitsubishi, any nissan, you can see the list will go on for affordable cars for the everyday man, but as far as i can work out, as long as you can afford gas prices, there arent a lot of reasons why you shouldnt buy a replica of the car youve always wanted, they even have old ferraris from the 50s, and to me, being a car freak, is just the best combination of things, because they arent much more then a low end alfa, or nissan, or honda, so they are cheap, they do have v-8s so they are expensive on gas, but to me, they would totally be worth it, the only reason i dont see this as a sham, is because chip foose has introduced the company, and for 20k for something like a maybach, or an slr mclaren, or a ferrari enzo, or any other super car that you can think of, is an absolute bargain, so when your buying your new car, think about a bently or a rolls, or a ferrari next time you have 20k to spend on the family grocery getter, because if you are willing to spend 40k, you can have a bmw v12, in whatever car you want, and that seems pretty tempting...
saxo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Jamesfranklin
Banned

Re: have you ever considered buying abroad?

Before some time, I met with a person who wanted to sell his car. I just loved his vehicle as he told me about that and instantly made the determination to purchase it. The only issue I am facing is, the person is living in some another state, at a far distance from my house. Now I am having some doubts about it. Is there any legal issue if I am purchasing the car from him or what kind of documentation I will need to make. Please help…
Jamesfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote