Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
01sparky
AF Newbie

02 blazer LS keyless entry MIA

I recently purchased a 02 Blazer LS and the options package says that it has keyless entry. I opened the cowl covering the area under the dash where the receiver should be and I don't see a receiver. There is a 8 pin connector that is Blue in color which I assume is for the receiver. I was told that the part number for this receiver is 15042969. Everything correct so far? The option package I am referring to for the keyless is a package that includes heated mirrors, powerlocks, and keyless entry, option ZQ6 if I remember correctly, it is on the options list in the glove box. Is the receiver located under the dash above the em brake pedal on this model or is it somewhere else.
I tried to force it recognize a remote for setup by holding the unlock button and turning the key on, off. on, off and releasing the unlock button and did not get a response, (doors unlocking and locking). Where can I get a new or used receiver module for cheap and does it need to be programmed by a dealer before I can use it?

vin# 1gncs18w62k163935
01sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis