Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
00castle
AF Newbie

93 Blazer Problem. See if you can help!!

I have a 1993 Blazer. It has the 4.3 vortec. It started all this about 6 months ago. I was sitting at a red light one day and it died. It quickly restarted but the symptoms got worse. It started acting up again about a week later, I would be traveling down the road and it would hesitate or sputter or whatever. It would be a noticeable jerk in the engine. Talked with some mechanics and they suggested I replace the egr valve. Did that and about 2 weeks later same thing again. Long story short no matter what i changed it still does the same sputtering, jerking and then finally it would cut off. I have replaced the spider, the map sensor, the fuel pressure regulator, the egr again, the coil, the plugs, the wires. I traded for a parts blazer and changed the spider 2 days ago. Worked good until this morning, started the sputtering again. I have 61 pounds of fuel pressure and am basically out of ideas. No codes are thrown when it does this. SOOO. any help or suggestions. I love my blazer but geez this is getting old.
00castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
exalteduser
Goober

Re: 93 Blazer Problem. See if you can help!!

does it ever do this in park or neutral?
exalteduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00castle View Post
I have a 1993 Blazer. It has the 4.3 vortec. It started all this about 6 months ago. I was sitting at a red light one day and it died. It quickly restarted but the symptoms got worse. It started acting up again about a week later, I would be traveling down the road and it would hesitate or sputter or whatever. It would be a noticeable jerk in the engine. Talked with some mechanics and they suggested I replace the egr valve. Did that and about 2 weeks later same thing again. Long story short no matter what i changed it still does the same sputtering, jerking and then finally it would cut off. I have replaced the spider, the map sensor, the fuel pressure regulator, the egr again, the coil, the plugs, the wires. I traded for a parts blazer and changed the spider 2 days ago. Worked good until this morning, started the sputtering again. I have 61 pounds of fuel pressure and am basically out of ideas. No codes are thrown when it does this. SOOO. any help or suggestions. I love my blazer but geez this is getting old.
Any codes or check engine lights?
Is fuel pressure holding good when it does it?

Good hot blue spark to all plugs and good ac delco plugs?

Also check Dist module and dist pickup coil and dist shaft for side play.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
00castle
AF Newbie

Does not do it in park or neutral. I have 62 pounds of fuel pressure havent checked if i drops off. No check engine lights, no codes. Just noticed that my donor blazer has a new distributor, distributor cap, rotor button and module. May just change all that out and see what happens.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
bozr
AF Regular

The connector at the fuel injector can get a loose connection and have symptoms like that.
The red and blue injector wires exit through a rubber grommet at the front of the intake manifold. Pull on one of the wires and put a vise grip on it to hold the tension. This will rotate the connector inside the manifold enough to make a good connection. Take it for a drive and see if anything changes.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
00castle
AF Newbie

Yeah i saw that in another conversation. Ill try that.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis