Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 PM   #16
nitenrustinarmor
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nitenrustinarmor
I have a 2002 yukon slt only problems i had so far are 1st week had an electrical prob brought it in was out in an hour been fine since then someone stole my passenger side fog light and thats about it as far as problems could the noise be cheap gas? to much water in the gas ? try putting in super or changeing gas companys for a full tank see what happens
nitenrustinarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 04:01 AM   #17
yamahaboy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to yamahaboy
Re: Exhaust System Popping/Snaping When Hot

my dads 03 denali has had no problems except a small rattle in the dash that has been fixed once but is coming back. nothing wrong with the exhaust on ours.
yamahaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:35 AM   #18
chaddyp
AF Newbie

There's no need to call him a "Service Monkey" BLUR... he's doing his job, and if he isn't there isn't a reason to piss other people off by throwing out names! Use some respect!
chaddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:02 PM   #19
the blur
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Exhaust System Popping/Snaping When Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddyp
There's no need to call him a "Service Monkey" BLUR... he's doing his job, and if he isn't there isn't a reason to piss other people off by throwing out names! Use some respect!
this guy was a monkey, offered no explantions, no reasoning, just said "normal", no personality, wouldn't explain, so that qualifies him as a monkey. A good service writer has to know how to talk to customers and explain things, otherwise they shouldn't be doing public relations.

bottom line is I have to complain to 800-GMC
the blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #20
BooHowley
AF Newbie

Same Noise, Anyone tried this...

I bought a new 04 Yukon. It has 200 miles on it and started doing the stupid popping all the time. It does it starting about 5-10 minutes after driving till about 10 minutes after I turn it off. And yes, I hear it while in my house also, and NO there is nothing wrong with my house.
What I was wondering is if anyone has tried replacing the exhaust with an aftermarket unit and it fixed the problem. The dealership handed me the recall with no fix. They wouldnt write it down either. The notice was from last November. He said the engineers were working on a fix. They were replacing the exhaust system before, but since they were replacing with the same exact type of GM system, it didn't fix the problem. I custom build a lot of my vehicles and the exhaust is on my list of things to do soon. BUT, if anyone has figured out that the problem is in the muffler metal, then I will go ahead and replace it now. Have to save up though, I just purchased a set of 24" American Racing Motto Wheels. So.... gotta do the exhaust later, maybe next month.

any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. And try to keep the smart ass remarks to a minimum especially the one about someones house being the problem. Grow up.
BooHowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 PM   #21
Mleeper
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Mleeper
I have a 04 Denali with the same popping issue as described here. Mine seems to last for up to 45min post driving and can be heard at idle while driving.

The dealer has quoted me 60-90 days for the fix and GMC customer service has stated the fix will be ready in 30 days. The rep said the fix is in the system but is waiting on legal to approve before dealers can place the order for parts.

I have put my dealer on notice that if it is not taken care of in the next 30 days I will start the lemon law process for them to re-purchase the truck from me as I have been reporting the issue since May.
Mleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #22
BooHowley
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info. I was there recently and they had no idea when a fix would be possible. Please keep us updated with your progress. I would like to have it fixed for now so can do other things to my Yukon before buying a new exhaust system. But, if I have to, then at least I have a legitimate reason to buy it to tell my wife. hehe..

Thanks
BooHowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #23
the blur
AF Enthusiast

I went again to the dealer today. They said there was NO TSB, and all they could tell me it's normal, and they can't do anything about it. They refused to write it down once again.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #24
the blur
AF Enthusiast

GM is NOT buying back a vehicle over an exhaust system !!! your talking about a $100 muffler job. it would not be classified as a major problem, just a minor annoyance.

Last edited by the blur; 08-04-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:19 PM   #25
Mleeper
AF Newbie

I was told by my service manager today that the parts have been identified and they will have them by Friday. He told me that I would be one of the first owners that they have listed to get the fix (probably due to my constant nagging). There are over 20 owners reporting the problem with my dealer so I suspect the service guys will keep busy for the next couple weeks putting the new exhaust system into place.

I will report back once the fix is in place.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:36 PM   #26
the blur
AF Enthusiast

any updates yet???
Old 08-15-2004, 09:09 PM   #27
Mleeper
AF Newbie

The dealer has had the part for the last week but work has kept me from getting the truck in to get worked on. Hopefully sometime this week the repair can take place.

The order sheet just lists a new mufler as the part they ordered.

Edit - My Appt is on Thursday morning. They said it would take most of the day to replace the parts.

Last edited by Mleeper; 08-17-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:47 PM   #28
Mleeper
AF Newbie

OK - All is fixed!!!

Took a couple days (they ordered the muffler without the Denali tip). The fix was a newly designed muffler and two straps on the system somewhere.

Had the fix in place for over a week and have not heard the popping noises since.

Service manager said the fix is in a tech bulletin and should be available system wide.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #29
wocbd
AF Newbie

My 2004 Yukon with 3800 miles has this problem. It is very annoying to have people turn and stare when I pull into a parking lot. I think they think they are under fire!

My dealership said they had a bulletin to repair the problem. They installed a heat shield that did not help at all.

I took it back and they listened to it again. This time they pulled out the dreaded Document 1405265 and said there is nothing to be done but wait for GM engineering to come up with a solution.

I called GM customer service to complain. They were of no help. They contacted the 'area service manager'. They refuse to buy back the vehicle and they refuse to correct the problem. They told me I would have to wait until engineering comes up with a solution.

Needless to say - I won't buy another GM product.

UPDATE - about 30 minutes after I posted this my dealership called and said GM released a bulletin today regarding this. He said it involved a new shield. I explained I already had a shield installed and he said this is a new bulletin. The parts are on order - I can only hope this will fix the problem.

Last edited by wocbd; 09-27-2004 at 03:48 PM.
wocbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #30
rzkz8k
AF Newbie

I have the "drive by shooting" exhaust system too. I'm waiting for a fix also.

It gets worse. I've got the 1SD package on my 04 YXL. I can't use the memory seat feature because the computer can't remember the seat position, Document ID# 1546261.

The driver's side outside mirror will not return to it's memory setting after being folded back out in to position if the memory seat feature is active, Document ID# 1404207.

The good news is that since the memory seats can't remember the seat position I turned that feature off which means my power fold mirrors work OK.

BTW, those documents cover the C/K line from Chevy to the Caddys.

I'm not a happy GM owner either.
rzkz8k is offline   Reply With Quote