Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #16
stagalv
AF Newbie

Now that you got your Denali head lights. How can you make them to where the hi & low beams stay on at the same time OR to where the aux. driving/fog lights stay on when the hi beams are on? Does anyone know of a quick fix to this? Would this draw too much power and hurt anything?
stagalv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:41 PM   #17
Eggert
AF Regular

Re: Converting Yukon XL headlights to Denali Lights

Hi stagalv.
There are no provisions for combining high beams with either low beams or fog lights. It does not have any benefit. It also is illegal. Yes, there are some outfits that slap some relays together. You may have seen their smart sounding ads.

You will be all set already if you have the projector lamps. They work very well.

From a functional perspective, everybody would drive with high beams all the time, if it was not for blinding oncoming traffic.

The low beams have to be limited in range for that reason.
Therefore low beams will not add anything useful with high beams already on.

Fog lights are for driving conditions with poor visibility, meaning slower speeds. The beam is wide and short to help you see the side of the road so you do not wander off it because you can not see anything to begin with. They are mounted low to pass under the fog, as it is less dense close to the road surface.
That is why high beams in the fog will blind you with reflected light. :22yikes:
Fog lights can be used as short distance fill-ins to the low beams. It will brighten things up a little bit. Many people seem to do it.

I did not mean to be so long-winded, may be it is the German in me...
Take care, Eggert Johnson
Eggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #18
tonytone
AF Enthusiast

Eggert--it is also illegal in the U.S. to replace OEM halogen headlights on a vehicle with any HID headlight kit (with the possible exception of the Sylvania kit for the NBS Tahoe/Suburban) at this time, yet you were looking to get such a kit for your truck--let alone failed to even mention this fact...
tonytone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:31 PM   #19
Eggert
AF Regular

Hi tonytone, may be I should have followed this up.
I did not get HID lighting as I found out that the bulb kits are illegal and Sylvania was not planning to do Xenarc HID X2020 replacement lamps for the GMC trucks.
The projectors are a big improvement over the regular ones and all I need.
Take care, Eggert Johnson
Eggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #20
tonytone
AF Enthusiast

Eggert--I did not mean to sound critical in your not mentioning that aftermarket HIDs are illegal; I only mentioned it because you had stated at one point that you were considering getting some and I hadn't seen a post indicating whether you were gonna get them. In any case, I'm happy that the projectors are working out for you--they're a much better choice on the Yukons than the OEM non-projectors...
tonytone is offline   Reply With Quote