Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
tbarretojr
AF Newbie

Question dashboard lighting

Does anyone out there know where I can purchase red lights for 1993 Honda Civic dashboard? I painted the interior red and I'm looking for the lights to match. I've been searching on the internet but so far no luck. Please hit me up if anyone knows any info. Thanks.
tbarretojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93
Re: dashboard lighting

if you take apart the dash youll find little light bulb, you can buy them in red if youd like
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
tbarretojr
AF Newbie

Thank you for the advise that you sent me. I appreciate it. I did take apart the dashboard and I found out that the light bulb size for a '93 Honda Civic is 74 at a local auto parts store but the problem that I've encountered is that every auto parts store that I have gone to around the way doesn't carry this light bulb in red only in stock color clear. I've also looked online and again no luck. But again, thanks for the advise. If anyone out ther knows where I can find this light bulb (part no. 74) in red for the dashboard lighting, please let me know. A friend of mine gave me the idea of painting the light bulbs myself with something like nail polish or spray paint, but unfortunatley that didn't work because the red looks to dark in the dashboard and I can bearly see the obdometer or fuel gauge.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

they also sell sleeves for the light bulbs at autozone or any after market parts store feels like a gel cap but slides over light bulb and are available in red green blue almost like rubber sort of
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

autolumination.com
`
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
tbarretojr
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: dashboard lighting

Thanks again. I'll check out those rubber sleeves at auto zone and I'll get back to you just to let you know how they work out.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Copytech99
AF Regular

The sleeves at the auto parts stores are too thick as well ( and most are made for larger 194 bulbs)

If you can locate a model that uses red for illumination you may be able to get bulbs with the red covers already attached to bulbs (the factory covers are much thinner allowing more light)
Copytech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Axelthered05
AF Newbie

OK i wanted to do the same thing this is what I did. I bought red Light Emitting Diodes (LED's) at radio shack and ran them in 4 sets of series meaning one resistor three LED and i used 4 of them. when you get the peaces you connect the resistor leads to the illumination wire and then ground the end of the LED circuit. if you need a diagram email me at Axelthered05@yahoo.com the associates at radio shack should know what resistors to use if not buy the LED's and and use this online calculator http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...Bowden/led.htm
make sure you buy Resistors that will prevent the LED's from burning out up until 14.5 volts

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting