Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
dadrdh
AF Newbie

Angry 1992 Stanza Bogs Down?

I have a 1992 Nissan Stanza. From a dead stop, if you floor it and hold the pedal down, at about 35 MPH, it bogs down and I have to back off the gas to stop the bogging down. Very frustrating!
It does the same thing when I try to accelerate to get on Interstate. I have changed the mass air flow meter, fuel pressure regulator, and changed the fuel filter, even tried running Premium gas ,<Yikes>

I took it to our local Nissan Dealership, and had it checked. They said the mass air flow sesnor was bad, so I put a new one on it,which I did, they said it was NO good that I needed to buy THEIR mass air flow sensor.......($700.00) Sooo, being on a Social Security budget, I bought a used Nissan mass air flow sensor that was guarnteed to work, from a reputable junk yard.The thing still bogs down! Soooooo, back to the Nissan Dealership I go. They said, that the mass air flow sensor on there was working, and now I needed a timing chain and gears......($1,200)

Has anyone been through anything like this, or got ANY advice for me? The car runs to darn good to have a either one of these problems! I love that Ole Nissan, and need to find out the problem.
All advice would be appreciated! Thanks,
Ron-Dadrdh
dadrdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
stanza_rice
AF Newbie

Re: 1992 Stanza Bogs Down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadrdh
I have a 1992 Nissan Stanza. From a dead stop, if you floor it and hold the pedal down, at about 35 MPH, it bogs down and I have to back off the gas to stop the bogging down. Very frustrating!
It does the same thing when I try to accelerate to get on Interstate. I have changed the mass air flow meter, fuel pressure regulator, and changed the fuel filter, even tried running Premium gas ,<Yikes>

I took it to our local Nissan Dealership, and had it checked. They said the mass air flow sesnor was bad, so I put a new one on it,which I did, they said it was NO good that I needed to buy THEIR mass air flow sensor.......($700.00) Sooo, being on a Social Security budget, I bought a used Nissan mass air flow sensor that was guarnteed to work, from a reputable junk yard.The thing still bogs down! Soooooo, back to the Nissan Dealership I go. They said, that the mass air flow sensor on there was working, and now I needed a timing chain and gears......($1,200)

Has anyone been through anything like this, or got ANY advice for me? The car runs to darn good to have a either one of these problems! I love that Ole Nissan, and need to find out the problem.
All advice would be appreciated! Thanks,
Ron-Dadrdh

manual or automatic??
stanza_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
bradw
AF Newbie

Sounds like what my 92 is doing. It was diagnosed by a local Nissan Tech as having carbon build up in the EGR passages. You will need to remove the plenum to get at things. They also recommended replacing a couple of tubes in there. I haven't done it yet because of time and cold weather. Dealership quoted parts at around $40 and labor at $380. So I figure it's gonna take a weekend.
bradw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
MCApony
AF Newbie

Smile

I have a 1992 Stanza doing the same thing and I tried replacing many of those parts mentioned. Luckily I have another one I got many parts from. Anyway I replaced the distributor and the problem is now gone.
MCApony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #5
BoOCh_nse
AF Newbie

check the fuel pump for proper pressure and volume.
BoOCh_nse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #6
BoOCh_nse
AF Newbie

it could be timing related though like mentioned above.
BoOCh_nse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
trademark92
AF Newbie

i have just bought a 92 stanza as well 5 speed and it bogs down when taken off but if you ride the gears out longer it dosen't do it .... it uses alot of gas and is real gasy smelling when driven it ... has anyone got any idea to what it is????? by the way its a stanza ss anyone ever heard of those ?????
trademark92 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza