Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Post 96 Cartier RT Side Mirror Problem

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since I've been really active here.. I noticed the Town Car board is live and kickin' When the first lot of us joined it was like a ghost town here.. I hope some of the old guys are still around, we speak the same language

So I was driving a narrow unmarked road, parked cars on both sides and a trash truck approaching from the other direction.. in order for the truck and the Town Car to safely pass we were both very close to parked cars.. well guess what some asshole did..

Not a care in the world the bitch swings her parked car door WIDE open right the heck in front of the Town Car.. I swerved just a bit toward the trash truck.. and still.. WHAMMO @*&%%$ the bitch's door smacked my right side mirror.. the glass and some of the motor(s) parts came flying out.. nothing could be salvaged.

Surprizingly.. the shell came through unscaved.. not even a scratch

So, if anyone knows of a parts car 95, 96.. maybe 97 with a working right side mirror.. give me a shout.. I need the guts and glass !!!

The Cartier is heated glass, with position memory. Some are also auto dimming.. which is why I'm not too sure of the 97.

I'm in a bit of a hurry...

Thanks!!