Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
neuspeedracer
AF Newbie

loan approval questions

howdy everyone. i just got back onto automotive forums. im 19. i was in the army for a year. i was medically discharged unfortunately. when i had gotten out of job training i financed an M3. took out a loan for $13000 with my mother as a cosigner. so both of our names were on the loan. didnt miss payments. never any problems. all good until i was discharged. unable to make payments, so i sold the car to my mother who was eager to buy it when i first had eyes on it. she had my name taken off the loan and we did bill of sale and all. now im looking to purchase another car, ive got a steady good job. making around 700-800 a week. but this time im living in on the other side of the country and dont plan on using her as a cosigner. im not going to school currently. well, im doing a class here and there but not full time. im wondering what would be my options as far as getting a loan. and possibilities. i love my cars. very much. ive got an rx7 that constantly gives me problems and gets worse gas mileage than an H2. clean driving history. no criminal background. etc etc. either way, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. thanks a lot.
neuspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
neuspeedracer
AF Newbie

Re: loan approval questions

haha good deal. bump.
neuspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

Re: loan approval questions

Figure out how much you can afford to pay every month (figure out ALL expenses, bills, food money, future school expenses, money for the mall, anything that will be deducted from that 700-800 a month). find out what your credit score is too, this number will give you an idea of your chances. There are certain formulas banks use to figure out the most you can pay a month when considering loans. You've already taken out a loan with a bank so the more extra money you have after expenses, the better your chances of getting one. Using the title of the vehicle you plan to purchase as collateral helps too.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A