Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
jamx13
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jamx13
Wipers won't shut off!

OK...this is a new addition to the minor inconveniences I've had with my 2000 Venture. I fixed the "wipers not parking" issue over the winter months by simply cleaning & lubing the cam/pin setup on the top of the motor, but today, I went over a rough set of RR tracks & my wipers came on all by themselves! I checked the switch & it was definitely in the OFF position...I tried the different intermitent settings & they had no affect (wipers continued with no pause). I put them on low & they continued to run...put them on high & they worked faster. I turned the switch to OFF again & they just continued going!

The only "clue" is that when the switch is in the OFF postion, there is a static sound thru the radio when the wipers are at the bottom of the stroke...the static lasts for about 3 seconds & it only happens when the wipers are at the bottom. There is no static noise when the switch is in any other position...only when switched to OFF. Stopping the vehicle & turning off the key didn't help either...as soon as I restarted, the wipers started right up again. I haven't checked to see if the plug was jarred loose by the RR track bump yet, but I will when I get home.

Anyone have any other suggestions or possibilities? Thanks.
jamx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
GregA
AF Enthusiast

I seem to recall that there have been other posts here (or the Montana, TransSport, or Silhouette forums - similar to the Venture) about the soldered connections within the wiper motor "box" coming loose. Sometimes they can even be made to work properly by pushing on the wires that enter the box in "just the right way."

I think the solution was to remove and open the box and resolder the connections to the control board. Sure sounds like what you have going on here.

Hope this helps,
GregA is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture