Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
harryvil
AF Newbie

a/c blower front not working

my pacifica 2004, the front blower not working at all, but the rear blower is working, I want to know what's wrong
harryvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
HeartNurse
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: a/c blower front not working

Ive got the EXACT same problem with my 04 pacifica, but my blower comes on when the temp outside is less than 68 degrees.........and since I live in southern Florida, thats not very often. I checked fuses, fuse relay and the limit switch (i think that its called that) but to no avail.....did you have to have your replaced or repaired? Im curious to see if anyone else has the same issues because my naighbor had the SAME problem also, and I think that they couldve recalled it.....
HeartNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
busboy4
AF Enthusiast

Re: a/c blower front not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNurse
Ive got the EXACT same problem with my 04 pacifica, but my blower comes on when the temp outside is less than 68 degrees.........and since I live in southern Florida, thats not very often. I checked fuses, fuse relay and the limit switch (i think that its called that) but to no avail.....did you have to have your replaced or repaired? Im curious to see if anyone else has the same issues because my naighbor had the SAME problem also, and I think that they couldve recalled it.....
Hi
Looking at an '05 factory manual for clues. I was thinking about the front/rear blower motor relays in the engine compartment fuse box. Did you replace or swap them? I show one each for the front and rear blower fans. I would guess they would be the same part # but check first. Then you could swap the relays and see if the problem(s) follow. My manual says to pull the negative battery lead before removing or replacing these relays.

Perhaps harryvil has a failed relay, and HeartNurse has a "weak" one? I'm only speculating but perhaps with higher temps the front relay (HeartNurse's) is failing due to higher resistance? Just guesses, but easy enough to try. Keep it simple first.

Good luck
busboy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
tstncpz
AF Newbie

mine had the sam proble.. i took it in and found that the resistor goes bad. mine was completlym melted through. i am assuming that this is your problem. the shop i took it to said this is the most common down falls to the pacifica's a/c
tstncpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
wpjackson
AF Newbie

My 2005 won't blow either. Where's the resistor?
wpjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
jesoma
AF Newbie

It's behind the glove box. Open it up and then squeeze the two side so it opens even more. You see it has two connections and two screws. Un-screw the screws and pull out.
jesoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
natty8362
AF Newbie

I am having the same problem. Out of nowhere the front AC unit stopped working (its not blowing out any air) in my 2005 pacifica. The rear is still blowing out air (may not be as cold). Where should I start first?
natty8362 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica