Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 03:08 AM   #1
eversio11
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to eversio11
Memorial Day makes me sick

May 28th was my high school graduation day. I hit up a graduation party at night, drinking and talking and enjoying it with my friends when two drunk whores got on a table and started dancing shirtless. Here it is, 2 am Memorial Day and these spoiled whores are setting themselves up for a lovely night of date rape. This is what our soldiers have given up so much for?

Or wait, maybe these soliders sacrificed their lives for an administration that lies about motives behind entering war with a country, or lies about monitoring their citizen's communications. Maybe these soldiers gave up their spouses so they could fight to protect our nation's dignity among the world, too bad no one told them before they lost an arm that our country has been running around with two arms behind it's back.

Oh no, I get it, these brave and generous men and women gave up their comfortable civilian lives so they could make a better country for everyone to live in. Everyone that is white, or at least acts white. That is the purpose of pushing equality, isn't it? Apologize for enslaving an entire race, set them free in a foreign country, and expect them all to get great jobs and assimilate into white culture, right? But no, our soldiers really are doing a great job of securing excellent government sponsored plans like welfare. Because, as we all know, no one would ever cheat that system.

But above all, these soldiers are fighting to protect personal rights and freedoms, the foundation of which was created two centuries ago as the US Constitution. You know that old piece of paper that is rotting away in the National Archives, the one that actually was amended to prohibit the manufacturing and importing of a beverage. That's right, this great country took the supreme law, the document that controls the entire nation and how it operates, to read that no one can make an alcoholic brew. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, 15 years later they rechanged the Constitution to say that it actually was okay. No yeah, that's cool, we'll forget about the whole rise of organized crime. And while we're at it, let's forget that prohibiting alcohol was more of a priority than allowing any citizen, regardless of sex, to vote for who will run the country.

I truly believe that every soldier that has fought or sacrificed something for this country did so because they truly believed in what this country should stand for. But the fact of the matter is that these men and women are dying, everyday, right now, because their leader won't admit that he was wrong. Memorial Day is just another reminder of this, and that's why I can't fucking stand it. God bless our troops, past, present and future, and wish them the best of luck that one day their efforts will be put to good use and someone will get this country back on track.
for the past to die"
eversio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
03cavPA
AF Enthusiast

Re: Memorial Day makes me sick

When will you be leaving the country? Have you decided where you'll settle down yet?

I'm sorry you're so unhappy with the way things have turned out, but there is still a lot that is right with this country. Your right to say what you just said is one of them.

I work in health care, and I have the opportunity from time to time to care for WWII vets. Each and every time, I shake their hand and thank them for fighting in that horrible war. Many of them tell me they enlisted, because it was the right thing to do in their eyes. I've talked to vets from the European and Pacific theaters, and the wealth of history they have seen is amazing.

I was caring for a patient once, I saw the USMC tattoo on her husband's arm, and asked him about it. Turns out he had served at Guadalcanal. I shook his hand and thanked him for what he and his comrades did for this country. He started crying, and I choked up some, too.

Those men, and thousands since then, have stood up for this country, right or wrong. Many have paid the highest price. Many still serve, because they think it's the right thing to do. They fight for your right to point out what's wrong with this country. We all have that right.

Maybe you should take the opportunity to seek out some vets and thank them for their service. Go and actually talk to some of them. I mean really sit down and talk.

If you are so upset over the state of the nation, then do something about it. Go join some protests. Register to vote, and actually vote when it comes time. Join some lobbying groups and get involved. Perhaps even look for some volunteer work in your community. Maybe you do those things already, I have no way of knowing that.

Memorial Day does NOT make ME sick, and I don't give a shit if you think I'm hijacking the thread. I'm just adding some balance.

Look, go talk to some vets and thank them. I know you're not dumping on them, but today is the day to tell them you're glad they stood up for you and yours. Then, go out and find a way to get involved and try to make a difference.

Last edited by 03cavPA; 05-29-2006 at 07:29 AM.
03cavPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
thadrawr
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to thadrawr

I think Toby Keith said it pretty damn good......

"American Girls and American Guys
We’ll always stand up and salute
We’ll always recognize
When we see Old Glory Flying
There’s a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our head

My daddy served in the army
Where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard
Until the day that he died
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
To grow up and live happy
In the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love
Has fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flyin’ in
From somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man, we lit up your world
Like the 4th of July

Hey Uncle Sam
Put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty
Started shakin’ her fist
And the eagle will fly
Man, it’s gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom
Start ringin’ her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue

Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you’ll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
`Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass
It`s the American way

Hey Uncle Sam
Put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty
Started shakin’ her fist
And the eagle will fly
Man, it’s gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom
Start ringin’ her bell
And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue"

Old 05-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
eversio11
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to eversio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cavPA
When will you be leaving the country? Have you decided where you'll settle down yet?

I'm sorry you're so unhappy with the way things have turned out, but there is still a lot that is right with this country. Your right to say what you just said is one of them.

I work in health care, and I have the opportunity from time to time to care for WWII vets. Each and every time, I shake their hand and thank them for fighting in that horrible war. Many of them tell me they enlisted, because it was the right thing to do in their eyes. I've talked to vets from the European and Pacific theaters, and the wealth of history they have seen is amazing.

I was caring for a patient once, I saw the USMC tattoo on her husband's arm, and asked him about it. Turns out he had served at Guadalcanal. I shook his hand and thanked him for what he and his comrades did for this country. He started crying, and I choked up some, too.

Those men, and thousands since then, have stood up for this country, right or wrong. Many have paid the highest price. Many still serve, because they think it's the right thing to do. They fight for your right to point out what's wrong with this country. We all have that right.

Maybe you should take the opportunity to seek out some vets and thank them for their service. Go and actually talk to some of them. I mean really sit down and talk.

If you are so upset over the state of the nation, then do something about it. Go join some protests. Register to vote, and actually vote when it comes time. Join some lobbying groups and get involved. Perhaps even look for some volunteer work in your community. Maybe you do those things already, I have no way of knowing that.

Memorial Day does NOT make ME sick, and I don't give a shit if you think I'm hijacking the thread. I'm just adding some balance.

Look, go talk to some vets and thank them. I know you're not dumping on them, but today is the day to tell them you're glad they stood up for you and yours. Then, go out and find a way to get involved and try to make a difference.
I have thanked veterans personally and will continue to do so, and I am involved in politics and PACs. However, I have no plans of leaving a country, my country, that is so desperate for guidance. And I don't think you're hijacking my thread at all, this is a thread for debate, and all sides are welcome.
for the past to die"
eversio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
Toksin
Non-profit Organisation

Send a message via AIM to Toksin

Careful bro, next thing you know you'll have the bandwagon patriots jumping all over you calling you unamerican and things of that ilk.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
Muscletang
AF Premium User

I want everybody to know that I'm not pointing fingers. After I read through this I realized I may come across as that but I'm not. As you'll read I come from a family that has had a ton of military servicemen. So being around that your attitude changes about some things.

My grandpa was in the first wave that hit the Normandy beach head, on Omaha. He had some shrapnel from a wall explosion hit him in his legs and is lucky to walk. After going through something like that though, he is fucked up in the head.

My great uncle was captured at the Battle of the Bulge and was a P.O.W. Lucky for him though he actually got it fairly easy. He said his camp was well off but the camp right next to it killed American P.O.W.'s by starving and torturing them.

My other grandpa was an artilery scout and was in a house with two other guys. The Germans started to morter the place and they all ran out. My grandpa forgot something and ran back to the house. As soon as he got there a morter hit and killed the two guys he was with. If he wouldn't have turned around I wouldn't be here.

My dad had to go to Vietnam and when he got back people looked at him as if he was pure evil. He said he got spit at and people told him how they wished he would have been killed there. At a bar one of his good friends got poison slipped into his drink and he almost died.

I can go on all day long but you know what some of our service men go through on a daily basis. Now I know not everybody is just white as snow. Things happened during Vietnam and at times during the other wars that didn't show Americans as nice.

Anway, there have been thousands of men die for this country and its freedoms. With that I'd like to post this. I've always liked this quote and I think it goes great with this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.D.R.
Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.
I agree with eversio11. It seems that a whole lot of people just don't seem to get it or have no idea what men went through so they could go to weekend parties, cruise and pick up girls, get drunk with friends, and other things. Either they don't know, don't fully understand, or as quoted, forget.

Men have died for this country and sometimes the country they died for spits at them. Again as eversio11 said, it's hard to see why certain things are allowed when it goes against what men died for.

Why is Jande Fonda still living here and making millions when she should be tried on charges of treason?

Why did this nation stand behind a president that lied under oath about adultry and was also a draft dodger?

Why do guys in office buildings who have it pretty easy want our soldiers to get the death sentence because they saw one on CNN kill a guy even though they weren't there and never will be?

Why did people go up to widows and say, "your husband got what he deserved in Vietnam"?

Why do multi-million dollar movie stars think they've seen "the ugly side of things" when they land in a highly secured area in Iraq and aren't near the soldiers doing the real dirty work?

Why are guys allowed to make sites that are against American soldiers because they have a "freedom of speech" that they hide behind?

Now don't get me wrong, I think people have respect for our soldiers, but as I said, they just don't have an idea of what some have gone through or they forget at times.

I agree with my dad when he says that every single kid should have to watch Saving Private Rion in American History class. Every single kid should see that it was real, what happened to those guys was real, and that they should be thankful they did that for them.

Also, yes, I do thanks veterns and I've thanked many in my family. As I said though I come from a family of veterns and have a certain feeling on issues. When I see things on TV of people "demanding" or "ordering" or "fighting" for something they think they need it makes me sick.

None of us really deserve the rights we have but should be thankful we have people who were willing to risk it all so we could.

How many of these illegal immagrants that are "demanding" their rights help our troops storm the beaches of Normandy to get them?

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #7
quteasabutton
Banned

Send a message via AIM to quteasabutton Send a message via Yahoo to quteasabutton

i <3 you kyle, ur so right about all that.

the people who go to the funerals of soliders and harass the grieving families are some of the worst people i can think of. those people made the ultimate sacrifice so those people would actually be allowed to pull shit like that. it's just not right. so many people take for granted all that they are given here. i have one of those support our troops ribbons on my car. i say support our troops and BRING THEM HOME.

the deaths are senseless and stupid now. i just read in the paper today about a woman living in the town here with a 2 yr old and an infant who just lost her husband. as if taking care of two small children, she lost a husband who didn't have to die.

people need to stop being so critical of the soliders, past, present and future and realize all that they have done for our country.
quteasabutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:20 PM   #8
tommy_boy
AF Newbie

I really hate getting into heavy threads like this, but it needs to be done. While both sides raise valid points, and are entitled to their own opinion. That is the joy of living in America. But you are living free and have your rights because of the men and women who died protecting that freedom. To me, Memorial Day is not a day to look back on the politics of the war, and wonder if it is right or wrong; it is, however, a day to think about all the soldiers who died doing what they do. They believe in this country. And I am proud to live here. I am glad eversio11 is into politics. Maybe he can change the country to the way he wants it. But remember, there will always be someone who will slander the way the country is run, no matter how it is run. I am just happy to be in a country that is free, and we are entitled to our own opinion, and not get persecuted for it. If you don't agree with the war, fine. Your choice, but do not take it out on the soldiers who are doing what they are supposed to. Follow orders. They are doing their job. Don't make it any harder on them then it is. Bah. Now I am rambling. *steps off soap box*

tommy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:28 AM   #9
Officer Redneck
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Officer Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_boy
I really hate getting into heavy threads like this, but it needs to be done. While both sides raise valid points, and are entitled to their own opinion. That is the joy of living in America. But you are living free and have your rights because of the men and women who died protecting that freedom. To me, Memorial Day is not a day to look back on the politics of the war, and wonder if it is right or wrong; it is, however, a day to think about all the soldiers who died doing what they do. They believe in this country. And I am proud to live here. I am glad eversio11 is into politics. Maybe he can change the country to the way he wants it. But remember, there will always be someone who will slander the way the country is run, no matter how it is run. I am just happy to be in a country that is free, and we are entitled to our own opinion, and not get persecuted for it. If you don't agree with the war, fine. Your choice, but do not take it out on the soldiers who are doing what they are supposed to. Follow orders. They are doing their job. Don't make it any harder on them then it is. Bah. Now I am rambling. *steps off soap box*

" Idon't know how many of them it would've taken to whoop my ass, but I knew how many they were gonna use. Thats a handy little piece of information to have right there." "Ron White"
http://www.myspace.com/officer_redneck
Officer Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN

Hate the war. Not the warrior.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
Colov99
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Colov99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTN
Hate the war. Not the warrior.
very true. The soldiers dont have to belive in the war to fight for whast right. my buddy who is overthere says its a stuipd war, but he belives in his country. not necicarly the goverment. So next memorial day when hes back will proably be for rembering all his buddies hes lost. This years was just hoping he comes home.
I do feel that too many people feel memorial day is a time to barbeque or get drunk. I like the fact that my town does a parade to honor people, it stops at every memorial and gravesite of a solider on the way to the green, and a wreath is layed and taps is played. So rember to soliders are doing their duty, they dont chose where they go or what war they ar fighting. But rember them and support them..

Colov99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #12
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Memorial Day does not make me sick, it makes me sad and proud of those who served and sacrificed for their country. That is the true meaning of Memorial Day, to "remember" those who served and sacrificed from this nation's beginnings to it's current state. And to whatever future is in store for the nation, for those who served.

My father was awarded six bronze stars for his service in Europe in WWII, including the Battle of the Bulge. He never spoke of it, to any any of the family, I guess the experience was one he just wanted to put past and move on with life. I really wished he would have told us about it, but I will never know, nor will my mom, or my brother, what he did to receive those Bronzes.

Remember the veterans, past. present, future, for they give us the freedom to support, denigrate, etc. our nation as we choose. I choose to support the troops, primarily.

Nuff said from me.
Knifeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #13
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Anybody who believes there is even a shred of glory belonging to those who have fought in war, is giving less respect to those who have died than those who have realised from their loss how futile and meaningless the act is.
That is the greatest dissrespect we give them, not learning from their lives.
War never accomplished anything, Hitler tried to take over europe - millions died, and the end result ultimately was that he blew his own brains out - something he could have easily done by himself with far less effort.
The British fought everybody everywhere - they built a vast empire. What ever happened to that empire? All those who died fighting for it, fighting against it? They could have very well spent their lives persuing more meaningful things but, oh well.
Their fortune is pointing out to us how useless their efforts were, and our folly is being too stupid to pay them any respect for teaching us this.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
grider
AF Newbie

hello all i am glad someone started this thread i dont hate this day i honor this day i was army and this day is for me to remember the men i new that were true heros and if you dont agree i say good that is the funny thing about being a soldier you learn that you are fighting for ungreatful dirt but that s not why we did what we did it we did it for our friends and familys we did it for love of country and some did it because we truly blive that freedom is worth killing and falling for you to live free but if you arent willing to fight for it you sould just say thank you for those who have paid your fair cause others are paying the bill for you and you owe them only a little respect thats all i ask is that you take a moment to honor the dead who gave all for you
grider is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release