Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
skillen
AF Newbie

Driveshaft problem

Hello all. I have a 2003 Sorento and I have been having some "shuddering" issues. What happens is when I am at a complete standstill, and I start to accellerate, there is this shuddering (vibrating) feeling which can be felt all on the inside of the vehicle. What I have found is that the hanger bearing was hollowed out. I had that replaced, and it still shudders. So, with that said, I should also say that it is a very bad shuddering when I am on a hill. It will ALWAYS stop after about up to 10mph. I put a video camera underneath my Sorento, and I can see that there is a "wobbling driveshaft" in the beginning, but it straightens out somewhere after a few mph. I did take it to the dealership, and they told me it was the driveshaft that needed to be replaced. They never mentioned the hanger bearing at all. They also lied to me about many other things that came with a potential bill of over $3000.00. I know they lied to me on many things, as they told me my air filter was very dirty and needed to be replaced. I had just replaced it 2 days earlier. Plus a few other things that I know of. So, with that said, I told them to not fix anything, and I left. I took it to another mechanic shop, some one-shop stop place thats not a chain. I usually find good mechanics there. I had them replace the hanger bearing, as stated above, and problem still persists. I took it back and they say the driveshaft is ok. They said the checked the ujoints the first time, but will check them again. They said again, that they were ok the second time. They state that they do not know what is wrong, and I should take it to a transmission shop, or get some "shudder stop". I found that hard to believe, so I went back to them and told them exactly what was happening, since I had it on video tape now. They just said they didnt know, and sent me on my way.
Im very frustrated know, as Im not sure what the real issue is. Has anyone had this experience with the Sorento or anything like it that resembles this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Scooby Doo!!!
AF Newbie

Re: Driveshaft problem

If you are looking at the center bearing make sure fisrt that the metal support loop is down in its support and now up,seen that alot. Next there is a series of washers that are between the saftey loop and the cross member mount,remove all of them except the largest one and then reinstall the bolts on each side,test drive and see what happens. Might wanna take the time to look at the univeral joints also,sure that has been done also but just thought I would throw that out there also. Seen them cause this issue also.
Scooby Doo!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento