Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
igo4bmx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
amp troubles!

Alright guys although i'm familiar with car audio. i someone becamse stupid enough to put the power in the ground and ground in power and turned it on... basically the amp started to smoke. (lanzar place the power labels horibly since the word "power" is right above the ground!!)
anyways, after replacing the fuses, i got it working, but the amp does not power my subs powerfully at all!!. i feel like i'm running 100 watts peak when i should be getting 1200 watts. i have everything wired correctly b/c i installed this amp for my friends car.. do you think its screwed up?

i'm just trying to find a quick fix while i wait for my replacement amp to come. thanks
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
is it a brand new amp? You might want to try adjusting the sub level or the hz level up more. That always helps with things. Oh, and another thing...did you bridge it?
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:01 AM   #3
sparq
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sparq
Yeah you didnt exactly give us much to go on here buddy...

What subwoofers... how many, single or dual voice coils, amp? Spit it all out and we might be able to help. It could be 1001 things right now.

RIP AUNIE
sparq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:50 AM   #4
igo4bmx
Banned

two dvc subs running at 1 ohm.. this amp is stable down to one ohm.. the gain is set to MAX cuz barely nothing comes out.. i'm wondering if a bad amp can just play very weak.. i thought an amp can either play or not play.. the amp is a mono block lanzar 1200d... not many ways to hook up the speakers... xover filter set around 75... i dontt know what the subsonic is at though...
Old 02-12-2002, 03:59 PM   #5
sparq
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally posted by igo4bmx
two dvc subs running at 1 ohm.. this amp is stable down to one ohm.. the gain is set to MAX cuz barely nothing comes out.. i'm wondering if a bad amp can just play very weak.. i thought an amp can either play or not play.. the amp is a mono block lanzar 1200d... not many ways to hook up the speakers... xover filter set around 75... i dontt know what the subsonic is at though...
Try turning the filter upto about 350 if optional... also, im almost positive hooking the power and ground up the way you did would have fried something. So no matter how you set the gains and bass boost and frequencies its never going to work the same again... get a new amp

RIP AUNIE
Old 02-12-2002, 04:00 PM   #6
sparq
AF Premium User

Quote:
Try turning the filter upto about 350 if optional... also, im almost positive hooking the power and ground up the way you did would have fried something. So no matter how you set the gains and bass boost and frequencies its never going to work the same again... get a new amp

RIP AUNIE
Old 02-12-2002, 04:50 PM   #7
igo4bmx
Banned

yay.. i'm getting a new amp soon anyways. under warranty...

i just didn't know amps could half work.. i thought they would either work or not work...

thanx emin.... sparq
Old 02-12-2002, 06:35 PM   #8
sparq
AF Premium User

Quote:
thanx emin.... sparq
STOP REMINDING ME...

I so am not blonde anymore, I dont trust anyone to color my hair down here... I have yet to find a hair place that wasnt run by like 55+ year old women ~ dont trust em

Im trying to get this girl down here to do it for me, but thats probably just as dangerous as having the old people do it

RIP AUNIE

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio