Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 09:01 AM   #1
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

got me thinking....5th gen civic EX keyless

Hey guy, well after hearing my friends story it started getting me thinking about my keyless or should I say lack of keyless entry. I have a 93 civic ex coupe, and i have an aftermarket cd player in there. Then I would an alarm on there with keyless entry, and at the time when I had the alarm installed I didn't have my door panels on and I was in a rush so I didn't question the guy at circuit city. Well after a few days I got the time and I put my door panels back on and my keyless still doesnt work. I went back and he said that there was something wrong with my locks. So, I checked out one of my dads friends exact 93 civic ex and it was bone stock never modified, and his locks worked the same way. Well its been awhile since i have been back there since I basically said forget because it was going to be a lot of hassle and I really dont' want to drive out there multiple times and here an excuse. Anyone know why the keyless entry doesn't work on my car? The alarm is by DEI. Thanks
Old 02-06-2002, 12:59 PM   #2
esp
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to esp Send a message via MSN to esp Send a message via Yahoo to esp
not sure about 5th gens but some 6th gens the keyless entry system goes through the head unit and adding and aftermarket one you will lose it unless you splice into the stock head unit.

www.fotki.com/esp

THIS OG IS GONE retired for good. peace yall. create a crew for me
esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 01:58 PM   #3
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

yeah i know, but I have never heard of a problem like that for the 5th generations. Does anyone kno of any problems like this? thanks in advance
Old 02-06-2002, 11:27 PM   #4
SuperJober07
AF Newbie

Hey.. I don't understand what you're saying about your dad's 93 bone stock civic. I would assume if it was never modified.. the power locks would work no?

Either way.. it's the 96-98 Civics that have Keyless entry in the stock radio... so an aftermarket radio should have no effect on the door locks.

possibilities... circuit city broke your doorlocks...or you broke it when you took the door panels off?
SuperJober07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:13 AM   #5
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Its not my dads 93 bone stock civic, its his friends. I compared my "broken locks" to my dad's friends and it worked the exact same way, and I checked it out with another stock civic and it was the same. My locks worth, but when I active my alarm its SUPPOSE to lock my doors but it doesn't and same with disarming it.

Hope that clears up the confusion

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperJober07
Hey.. I don't understand what you're saying about your dad's 93 bone stock civic. I would assume if it was never modified.. the power locks would work no?

Either way.. it's the 96-98 Civics that have Keyless entry in the stock radio... so an aftermarket radio should have no effect on the door locks.

possibilities... circuit city broke your doorlocks...or you broke it when you took the door panels off?
Old 02-11-2002, 09:42 AM   #6
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

93 Civic

Wire colors in the vehicle

Lock - Green/ White negative trigger in the drivers door at the door lock module above the speaker

Unlock - Green/Red same location as the lock wire.

Off of most DEI systems:

three pin plug with two wires coming out... one blue and one green.

Blue wire goes to the Green/ Red lock wire in the vehicle

Green wire goes to the Green/ White wire in the vehicle.

Hope that helps. If not please specify exactly what DEI system is installed.