Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
andera
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to andera Send a message via MSN to andera
where to have dyno done?

where would one go to get a dyno reading? are they pretty common? are they expensive? thanks!
andera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
IntegraB18LS
AF Enthusiast

Just call up your local performance shops and machine shops if they dont have a Dyno they will know some place that has one. Usally they are around $100 per run

Kyle
-Turbocharged
-Rear disk conversion
-Many mods

Cheak out my civic (cardomain)
Easly got 10k into this car with everything and it still looks like a POS
IntegraB18LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
andera
AF Enthusiast

thats not too bad... im thinkin about having a dyno done before and after my I/H/E... to see just how much you actually get at the wheels and how bad the hype is... i have a friend who says 30HP "easily".. im expecting more along the lines of 15-20whp though... maybe.. hopefully
Old 01-14-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

http://www.dynojet.com/lauto.shtml

btw, your friend is a jackass. maybe at the crank you'd see that, definately not at the wheels though, unless you've done stuff before it.
tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #5
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda
Re: where to have dyno done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby01
http://www.dynojet.com/lauto.shtml

btw, your friend is a jackass. maybe at the crank you'd see that, definately not at the wheels though, unless you've done stuff before it.
I would be very suprised if you even saw that at the crank.

$100 for a single dyno run?!?! Man that is a total rip-off. The guy I know locally and about 4-5 south of me will do 3 with A/F tuning for $80.
maxspeedhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
andera
AF Enthusiast

http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dyno/2000LSplot.pdf

according to taht dyno from stock to comptech headers and exhaust their's a 12whp gain. and i dont know that comptech is the best product for headers/exhaust? so add an intake and i think a gain of 15+ whp from I/H/E is definetly possible... maybe even with the right tuning a few away from a 20whp gain? i d k... what do you guys think... tibby, awesome site btw found some dyno places that are local

forgot to add that my teg is a 94 ls so it has the obd1 ecu,... that comptech was a 2000 so it has the obd2, so thats where im seeing a possibiliy extra 20whp for those
Old 01-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #7
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Comptech is a very reputable company.

I know back in the day on an '00 Civic Si coupe with B16 motor, DC Sports dynoed the gains of adding their exhaust system, 4-2-1 headers, and Direct Air Charge intake unit at only an 11hp gain (at the wheels?) just be dumping $1000 on I/H/E setup. Pretty lame on their behalf if you ask me. But those items we WAY more hype back then, than they are nowadays. I can drop a Delta Cam 262 grind cam into my D16Y7 '00 DX motor, and get the same amount of gains to the wheels and spend LESS than $100 on it.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #8
andera
AF Enthusiast

Re: where to have dyno done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
Comptech is a very reputable company.

I know back in the day on an '00 Civic Si coupe with B16 motor, DC Sports dynoed the gains of adding their exhaust system, 4-2-1 headers, and Direct Air Charge intake unit at only an 11hp gain (at the wheels?) just be dumping $1000 on I/H/E setup. Pretty lame on their behalf if you ask me. But those items we WAY more hype back then, than they are nowadays. I can drop a Delta Cam 262 grind cam into my D16Y7 '00 DX motor, and get the same amount of gains to the wheels and spend LESS than $100 on it.
hey that link is to a place in tacoma... are you from that area? (im in WA -- dupont to be exact heh)... the cool thing about i/h/e is that if you get the right exhaust your call will sound really cool hehe... whether or not you got the cash to amekit happen's a diff story...