Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Modern GTO's (2004-2006)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 AM   #181
rzkz8k
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 04 GTO Love it or Hate it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairgto72
This is the way I feel when I see that so called GTO with a chevy engine in it, along with the fact that over 93% of the car is not even made here.
Chevy doesn't build engines anymore, nor does any other GM brand. GM Powertrain builds engines and the different GM brands purchase their powertrains from GM Powertrain. GM Powertrain is it's own business unit.

Don't be surprised, but one day powertrain will be spun off just like GM did with Delphi and EDS. The big three are slowly moving towards just being assemblers and spec writters.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:37 AM   #182
ramairgto72

Re: 04 GTO Love it or Hate it?

Maybe the new saying should not be "Made in America" but "Made on Earth"?

Old 10-05-2005, 02:54 AM   #183
Rex Orr
AF Newbie

I like my 04 GTO quite well. It suprises people when you get on it. Remember what the first GTO was to begin with. Rex
Old 12-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #184
ramairgto72

I see, since Ferrari used "GTO" as a name for a car that says Pontiac stold it....Gran Turismo Omologato, so Play Station stold Gran Turismo, no it's just a name.
In your head and most of the rest of you, think that since the car "ChevyAussiGTO" is fast, that it should be called a GTO, and thats all you need to make up your minds about it, ....it's fast....

Lots of cars are fast, and they all have a allmost religious feeling at the show room, it's the engine and the car, not the car and the engine it's not me saying this, it's just how it's allways been. Some of you have some wild engine orgy of engines and car thing going on, some of you could not care on pushrod about what engine is in the car.

I think some of you who own that BASTARD or fatherless car had the same kinda high that Nazis had pulling gold out of dead soldiers teeth, "Gold is Gold" "Fast is Fast" GM, Chevy and the Aussis pulled the gold out of the dead PMD GTO, it's the 3M sticker on the car, and to REAL Pontiac People it's like seeing Dead GI Teeth Gold.

At that smallest point I can make is this :
"Pontiac never put anything but a Pontiac engine in a GTO"
"The car GM is calling a GTO now, does not have a PONTIAC engine the current engine is in the family of CHEVY"

And don't take "you know whos" word on it, he does'nt even know what a 72 GTO is.You going to cry again to the forum police because I showed how much you don't know about Pontiacs again, what a baby, he gets his name in a Pontiac book and he has a power trip and tryed to get me removed! I don't like it here and if I get booted i'm fine with it, you guys rub each others backs and run to the aid of one another without proveing me wrong, you quote me as if you answering my questions but you don't."IT'S A GTO BECAUSE GM SAYS IT IS! IT'S A GTO BECAUSE IT'S FAST!Gm says also, now they are saying they are going down the drain. I have been shutting you all down every time because one thing you can't get away from is that it's a CHEVY engine in a IMPORT being sold as a Pontiac GTO!

IT DOSE NOT HAVE A PONTIAC ENGINE!

Now I know other "Super Cars" tend to use any "fast" engine they can get to power the cars they make, but the great ones don't and we all know the Great One will allways be known as the GTO a PONTIAC GTO.

You can refuse what I say but never before has this car pissed off so many car people, just about every mag thats had this car in it has made a slight comment about it being imported and nonPontiac powered. GM even had to shake a cage to the Pontiac people to put the words "PONTIAC" on the dam car!!!!Good Night people can you READ??????????Jag never got this kinda coverage when America bought it!

Sure GM calls it a GTO, but they called the GEO metro a chevy.
How many times has Pontiac changed it's logan? It's a GM hore, it has no real good cars since "F body". Now with the new 2 seater Chevy had taken the that car over to it's area to to fit it with a Small block, it's not being done at a Pontiac Plant, it may be massed in a Pontiac Plant but the mock up was Chevy. If GM does not go under soon then Pontiac's name will go after Buick as Olds did.

I love America more then anybody, but the BS cars like the ChevyAussiGTO GM is selling is digging it's own demise with LIES and poor cars and trucks, this "anything go's" cars without soles crap is it's end.

You can get a Dodge engine in a Dodge, you can get a Ford engine in a Ford and so on, but you can't get a Pontiac engine in a Pontiac!

It's a GM lie backed with 3M tape! GM RIP

Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #185
94GPSHAKER
AF Enthusiast

someone tell this guy^^ that this thread is ancient and no one cares anymore and what the hell is a chevyaussiegto, i belive the correct name for that car would be the monaro. i bet there are a bunch of down to earth nice people that drive the new gto, but all the people i know that have them are some straight up busters, posers, that go up to chicks and theyre comeon line is... hey i drive a gto.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:23 PM   #186
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

i drove the new 06 GTO. i gotta say it felt freakin slow.
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
Old 12-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #187
ramairgto72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GPSHAKER
someone tell this guy^^ that this thread is ancient and no one cares anymore and what the hell is a chevyaussiegto, i belive the correct name for that car would be the monaro. i bet there are a bunch of down to earth nice people that drive the new gto, but all the people i know that have them are some straight up busters, posers, that go up to chicks and theyre comeon line is... hey i drive a gto.
If it's so ancient why did you read it?

Your right, most people who drive this car are people who don't know how to turn a wrench, don't change own oil, pay mechanics to change the "tail light fluid".

And yes they brag and defend the Lie aussichevgto.

ChevyAussi GTO owner quote:

"Hey I have a GTO ....Punk bitch"

Old 12-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #188
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

theres posers with all kinds of cars really. i know one decent kid here in rochester with a new GTO and he has a freakin turbo setup in it. he's the real deal. another thing the engine thats in the GTO is almost the same engines in 4th gen trans ams. which are pontiacs. i think GM just changed there game plan a little is all i don't think its any deep skeem to ruin pontiac lol the ls1 is a good damn engine why not put it in everything lol shit they even put the LS engines in cadilacs now. GM's just spreading the wealth to all branches is all. I myself do not like the styling of the new GTO, only because it really has to features that the old one did. i woulda been fine with it if they made it a newer Grand prix, cause those used to be rear wheel drive and the new GTO looks like a newer grand prix.
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
Old 12-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #189
94GPSHAKER
AF Enthusiast

the 06 grand prix gxp's have the brand new ls4 327 motor in them, i blew one away in my LT1 camaro, they are awesome on gas though because they have the displacement on demand, im almost positive those are rw drive along with the new impala SS wich has the same setup. the 06 GTO's have the LS2 almost the same as the corvette.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:03 AM   #190
ramairgto72

Pontiac V8 engines died in 1979, tho the 301 is a V8 it is a thin cast time bomb.

All high end engines that powered the F bodys chevy or Pontiac are "Chevy Engines" from GEN 1 to Gen 4.

The ChevyAussi GTO's engine and the vette engine and the Cad engine are all the same, the only thing that is different is the Plastic cover, one says GTO, other says Vette or Chevy and the other caddy.

GM got sued in the 70's when they put a SBC in place of the olds rocket engine, the air cleaner said Rocket 350 but thats all that was Olds about it, and GM got sued. This is no different then what is being sold today under the hood, a lie, and some people in here are ture jerks that have no feel for what a real car is and defent this POS Chevy Aussi made want to be GTO with "it's fast" so it's a GTO and in fact the only thing thats truely GTO in/ on the car is the 3M stickers that say GTO.

I know the cars fast, sure it can do great things, but it's an import not even made in America not powered by a Pontiac and they want to call it an American Legend!??!???!!???

The engine is the car, not the car is the engine.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #191
ramairgto72

Yes your right alot of people in all ranks speek trash about what they drive, however I have found that Pontiac people who run Pontiac engines or re-po aftermarket Pontiac engines are a breed apart from the others, I have to say Buick and Olds owners are about the same when it comes to walking the walk but not talking trash, however the Chevy guys are all about themselfs,

like cave men looking at a wheel for the first time is the look when a burn up a hot 454 with my 400, tho the downfall of the Cevy guy is that he thinks his car is so fast he puts all the little things in his car, like polished chevy bowties and heavy chrome bumpers all that jazz.
My little idea was, well lets just say I have my car on VFN fiberglass's web page number 7.

it's great to be so light that you can get away with a powerglide, however I'm not that light yet, but I should be in the next year or 2, but i'm way down below factory weight.

I'm not saying that I have never talked "smack" but I never went on the attack, it has been more of a "You talking to me?" thing...
Ford guys tend to talk trash alot, but more in the 5.0 crowd, and it's the kids with a cam really to big for the set up, sure it sounds mean, but when 1st gear shifts like 3rd you know it's over cammed.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #192
94GPSHAKER
AF Enthusiast

see, im a chevy guy, but i love all kinds of cars. my grandpa retired from ford and has raced them for years, now he has a 1400 hp olds carbon fiber shell funny car, and still races his 900 hp 65 stang.
my neighbor has a 500 block coronet that smokes everything at the woodward cruise. in my eyes as long as its fast, and can beat any rice burner or 95% of the cars out there than your cool with me as long as your not a cocky prick
Old 12-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #193
ramairgto72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GPSHAKER
in my eyes as long as its fast, and can beat any rice burner or 95% of the cars out there than your cool with me as long as your not a cocky prick
I don't think the AussiChevy GTO is a slob of a car, it's just a lie. sure the car is fast but that should not be the resolve to be able to call it a GTO.... The Chevy Impala has more to do with being a GTO then the Aussi Chevy GTO. The Impala was the brain child of an American and is built MOSTLY in America.

The Aussi Chevy GTO is/was birthed by the Aussis and was running around OZ not as a so called GTO, this was done way before they put a chevy engine in it and shipped to America and got out the 3M stickers and called it a GTO.

I used to think only a few people seen this but in fact the people who were argueing with me want this car to be what it is not!
Most of them have one or want one.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #194
dstryr
AF Newbie

It might be a GTO if it ever starts LOOKING like a GTO. You can call it what you want, but GM used it to boost sales. The car sold terribly, horsepower and all.

The first time I saw one at a cruiese night I was away from my 69 Judge and a guy parked his '04 next to me. I walked by his car 3 times before I realized it was a wannabeaGTO. I figured a honda owner wanted to show the crowd his car and I figured they're a dime a dozen and crawling all over the streets so I didn't even look at it.

Wait til the new Dodge Challenger comes out........If it looks like the spy shots it'll blow the doors off a GTO in sales and more than likely on the strip- 'cause nobody really street races, right?

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
RAIII Carousel Red/Black vinyl hardtop
Old 12-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #195
ramairgto72

Ahhh the Ram Air III, you know my heads are from a 1970, #13 I bet you have #12's?

Thats funny you walked past the fakeGTO , I bet the guy parked next to you to "try" to fit in lol.

When I first seen one that I knew was the rebadged Moron GTO I swore it was a Grand Am looking at the front.

When I was a kid in the early 80's my uncle had a 69 road runner with the bird on the sides, pistol grip shifter, I can recall him playing the Box Tops "letter" while sitting on the hump in the back between the seats. That car was fast, it did not have the Hemi tho.

Do you have a pic of the cars?