Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 12:23 PM   #1
MarcoSaupe
AF Regular

Ferrari 312 T4, MFH, 1/20

Hi all,

I didn't quite get it finished last year, but the counter for the new year is going up right in the first week, with the MFH kit, of the 1979 Ferrari 312 T4.

It's so far the only MFH kit, where the body is provided with some good old PS parts on a sprue, the rest is made from metal like the other MFH kits. I'd really like to know why this has not continued, especially since the price of the kit is way less than the usual resin/metal kit. The other parts of the kits are as usual with MFH - metal, two sheets of etched parts, some turned metal pieces, and some smaller parts.

This also means, the usual problems: the decals are very brittle. I'd really like to see some improvement there - I have a 917H Hippie, where I'm not sure, how adding the decals would work out... And while the etched parts are as always very nice, I wish, at least the smaller parts on the thinner sprue would be made on foil backing without the connections to the fret, as it's sometimes very easy to accidentally bend the parts when cutting or sanding them. Oh, and even after building some kits that include them, I still have not managed to attach a single one of the muffler springs, I consider this the most impossible task in modeling, I always replace them with pieces of a guitar string.

The rest was fine, except for the cowling which unfortunately does not quite fit, except with pressure - you can only select where you want the gap. I think you'd have to thin the insides of the cowling edges a bit to make it fit better.

Painted with TS8 on Tamiya pink primer (though I'm not sure if it really makes a difference), Mr. Super Clear on top, the details were painted with Aquacolor and Vallejo paints, TS29 for black parts and a mix of Alclad gold and Aluminium on the bare metal. As usual with metal parts I gave them a little washing to make them a bit more realistic.

Hope you like it.

Old 01-20-2024, 10:03 PM   #2
CifeNet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ferrari 312 T4, MFH, 1/20

This isn't an easy kit to build and you nailed i to perfection!
Love the details and fantastic finish!
Bravo!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery