Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
tepco
AF Newbie

Not all Key fobs are created equal!! Look if your having problems programming.

Well after attempting to program a key fob several times and bringing it to the dealer to program and being told "it goes into program mode and the remote works, it must be the receiver in the car" My answer was no thanks I'll look into it more.

Thanks to the all mighty internet i have found some useful info.

My ride is a 2003 Highlander.

I was attempting to program a key fob that had the FCC:GQ43VT14T on the back, this is not the right fob, this is for the 2003 2004 Corolla 2000-2004 Camery, 2000-2003 Solara, 1999-2002 Vibe Matrix and the Sienna. What you need for your 2000-2006 Highlander, 2001-2004 Sequoia, and the 2004 4 runner is a key fob that reads FCC: HYQ12BAN.

This is just a FYI post and hope that it will help people from pulling out there hair. Below is a link with more info and program instructions.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Acquiring-an...00000002560726

tepco is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger