Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 03:26 AM   #16
f1esp
AF Regular

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Owners Club: the Spanish Tour

These three cars were at the Spanish Tour (the owners are friends):

f1esp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f1esp For This Useful Post:
Peloton25 (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 05:21 AM   #17
f1esp
AF Regular

I was talking with Ray Bellm about this:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...new-mclaren-f1

and...

I'm not allowed to explain anymore, yet!
Old 12-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #18
PatrickT82
AF Enthusiast

Jaguar and Aston are rebuilding icons again. Maybe McLaren too...? would be awesome
PatrickT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #19
carbuilder2002
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to carbuilder2002

Can't see Mclaren building more F1's so soon after the end of production as it would wreck current values and besides the respective Jaguars and Aston's are from the 50's and 60's not 90's
What they are more likely to do is build a spiritual successor as has already been suggested.
carbuilder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:21 AM   #20
f1esp
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuilder2002 View Post
Can't see Mclaren building more F1's so soon after the end of production as it would wreck current values and besides the respective Jaguars and Aston's are from the 50's and 60's not 90's
What they are more likely to do is build a spiritual successor as has already been suggested.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:33 AM   #21
f1esp
AF Regular

Also this unit (first 675LT Spider by MSO, showcased at 2016 Geneva Motor Show) was at the Spanish Tour (driven by F1 #075 owner).
Old 01-03-2017, 06:14 AM   #22
f1esp
AF Regular

In the evening of the second day, I had dinner with the group. Everything was perfect with a great ambience of friendship. I have to say that I always felt really comfortable as one of the group. I do not have enough words to thank Mr. Bellm what he did for me.

It was a funny evening. The conversation was around other gatherings they attended. They compared the McLaren group with Ferrari and other supercar groups. After this, I have to say that I'm not really interested in (modern) supercar gatherings...

The next day, we were going to have lunch to a medieval castle turned into a luxury hotel and restaurant.
I was co-driving a 650S with XP4 former owner at the wheel: what a great honor!

Last day, the convoy was absolutely dismantled. Each car had his own pace.
Mr. Blair is a true gentleman and really funny. He was explaining me histories about XP4 and his new P1 while taking pictures of the roads and landscapes. Some of the pictures in the books of the previous McLaren F1 Tours were taken by himself. We were stopping quite often the car to take pictures and I thought we were the slowest car but other cars were slower than us: it is fun to be overtaken by honking McLarens while taking a picture.
After some kilometers we were followed by #046, 12C and another 650S just when I misunderstood a tulip in the roadbook and we got lost!
Oh no! For the second time! This time it was my fault but, luckily, we only were 4 cars... We stopped at a petrol station and nobody knew about the castle! We were hungry and I asked for the nearest Burger King or McDonalds...
While we were stopped I asked Mr. Joy if there was going to be a free place in his car to return to the hotel after lunch: I wanted to end the Tour in the better possible way. Of course, he said.
Mr. Blair wasn't offended by my change of car and we finally found the right road and arrived to the restaurant.

After lunch: my first time in an open road in a McLaren F1!!! What a dream!!!
Mr. Joy and I were laughing because I'm the first man on Earth that has been co-driver twice in an F1, first time in a race track and second time in open road: on the contrary as it's supposed to be...

That claustrophobic seat again! That noisy engine again! That hot cabin again!
I WAS IN PARADISE AGAIN!!!
We entered a highway and was my first time at over 300km/h! So easy!
The noise in the cabin (especially because of the roof scoop) was marvellous! It was impossible to have a conversation with the driver. I was simply enjoying that moment.

Then it started to rain and we had to slow down but I can now rest in peace after that. We restarted our conversation again. We stopped at a petrol station and I had another mystic moment: Mr. Joy went to the restroom and I did the refuelling of the car. Lots of people asked me if this was my car and they took pictures of both (me and the car): it was a little bit embarrassing!
At the end you get used to it, said Mr. Joy to me.

In the car again, I asked Mr. Joy why don't all the F1 owners or potential owners go to Brunei to buy all the F1s that the Sultan (and his brother) own?
He answered me that they already tried to do it but it is absolutely impossible.

Last kilometres of the Tour were in countryside roads. The F1 is extremely agile in that kind of roads. We changed roof and mirrors noises for brakes noise (engine noise was always there).
I can't imagine a better way to end my first (and not last one) McLaren F1 Owners Club Tour!

Last dinner was absolutely charming! I can't say anymore.

The End.
I hope you all liked my history.
If you want to see more pictures of the Tour, please go to my Instagram: @pepe_wheel

Last edited by f1esp; 01-04-2017 at 06:24 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to f1esp For This Useful Post:
hurstg01 (01-07-2017), Peloton25 (01-08-2017), svxit (01-11-2017), Tornado45 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 06:22 AM   #23
f1esp
AF Regular

Two items of my collection:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roadbook&more.JPG (151.3 KB, 25 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to f1esp For This Useful Post:
arjan916 (01-06-2017), Chris_Coco (01-07-2017), hurstg01 (01-07-2017), Peloton25 (01-08-2017), svxit (01-11-2017)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1