Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
amycnew
AF Newbie

2001 oldsmobile silhouette stalling

i have a 2001 oldsmobile silouette minivan, was running fine about 2 weeks ago it started stalling and since then stalls and cant get it started we have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, the cam shaft sensor , the crank shaft positions sensor and the van started up ran fine for about a half hour then when i went to use it again i started it and it stalled everytime i have the 2nd crank shaft position sensor to be put in tomm if that fails what else could it be and what approx would the cost for the parts be and is it easy to get at please let me know depseratlly need to get this solved thankyou

Last edited by shorod; 04-12-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: E-mail address removed by moderator. E-mail responses defeat the purpose of a forum and promote spam.
amycnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
merc81
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 oldsmobile silhouette stalling

Not to be rude, but why did you replace all that stuff? If you are just willing to spend $$$ and buy new sensors, then don't overlook the O2 sensors and the MAP sensor.

Seriously, for the most part, the PCM will till you by setting a code what sensor is giving it problems. If you don't have an obd2 reader, your local auto parts store will read the code for you.

That said, the most likely reasons for a stall AFTER starting (car starts, then either stalls at once or in a few seconds) would be a vacuum leak or MAP sensor problem. There are lots of things that COULD be bad, but just replacing stuff isn't a good plan. In particular, the crank position sensor and the cam sensor require other stuff be removed just to access them--you don't want to do that unless required. Both sensors will put up a code and light the SES light when failing.

Why don't you explain what you have noticed with the problem and why you thought those sensors should be replaced? Maybe there's some information that would point to a particular problem.
merc81 is offline   Reply With Quote