Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

had the best and worst day today

I met a chick who rides recently and she invited me out on a ride with people from an aussie website.

we all met at a local pub and were heading out to a nice well known bike road.

we were less than 5 minutes down the road before someone was up on one wheel. only problem was it was in front of an unmarked cop car!

we all stopped at a red light and lane split around a car. Stupid me didn't realise about the cop and he was behind us all. Lights go green and I (being the first bike) take off real quick. only to realise no-one else was anywhere near as quick. I still had no idea about the cop. I slow down only to see the wheelier (on a gixer thou) go past me at over 200k's. the cop was in hot pursuit. I pulled over thinking i was doen for sure. The cop couldn't catch the gixer so i thought he'd pin me. he kept chasing the gixer.

we saw skid marks right before a corner and figured he turned off. we all met up at the nearest Macdonalds. No sooner had i pulled up and the cop comes outta no-where and stops right in front of me. He gets out and starts drilling me while everyone else pulls up. he then gets everyones licence and goes to ticket a learner for not having an "L" plate. I thought i was done for sure but talked my way out of it.

We all breathed a sigh of relief and headed off. I got some good footage on my tank mount camera. especially of the wheelie guy doing stupid stuff. when i rounded a corner, there was a car and a few bikes stopped. One of our group lost it and slid out on a corner. One very sore rider and a totalled R1. we all decided to head home and call it a day. I got home very carefully.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: had the best and worst day today

Well, at least the rider was just sore and not dead. I'm glad to hear that you didn't get a ticket and all is ok for the most part. When riding in groups, doing the dip-shit wheelie thing isn't all that bright (unless you're in the front).

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes