Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts
Location of GTR's - Index

Following on from F1 Monsters thread , I thought it best to seperate this idea from that thread to stop it from getting lost, as it hopefully will be constantly updated.

Please correct me where necessary and I'll update the list as new info comes to light, also if anyone knows where a certain GTR was last seen, please let me know and I'll update it. The correct accreditation will be used followed by a

#01R - Le Mans 1995 winner; retained by Mclaren at its Technology Centre in Woking, UK; still in its original Ueno Clinic livery;

#02R - Last seen in at the 2015 73rd Goodwood Members Meeting, road registered

#03R - Owner located in Germany

#04R - kept by Mclaren, changed to LARK livery last seen in public at the Ascot Mclaren dealership

#05R - Residing in the UK, last seen at Wilson House 2015

#06R - now road registered in the UK and owned by David Clark; still in its Harrods livery last seen at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2015

#07R - now road registered; in Papaya orange, last seen at the 73rd Goodwood Members Meeting

#08R - now road registered; owned by Sheikh Abdullah Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa of Bahrain; in Papaya orange

#09R - in Brunei; #01R look-a-like

#10R - now road registered in the UK and owned by Nick Mason; now in the original 1996 GTR Presentation livery last seen at the 73rd Members Meeting at Goodwood

#11R - now road registered

#12R - road registered, now owned by Aaron Hsu; still in its GULF livery and located in the UK last seen at the Goodwood 73rd Members Meeting

#13R - Still in its LARK livery now owned by the UK's andy74b, road registered

#14R - T-boned by a Porsche at Sugo in Japan in 1996; now road registered in the UK owned by Adrian Newey

#15R - now part of the ROFGO collection

#16R - UK road registered, owned by MB, a regular on charity days and to Le Mans and now back in its FINA livery

#17R - often seen in the USA / Canada; owned by BMW USA; still in its FINA livery

#18R - owned by BMW and kept at the BMW Classic Collection in Germany, allowed out for various showings; still in its FINA livery

#19R - now in the UK and back in its Presentation Livery, last seen in the Pit Garage of Silverstone for the 675LT launch in early Summer 2015

#20R - last seen in the Pit Garage of Silverstone for the 675LT launch in the Summer of 2015

#21R - Sold at Auction in Scottsdale, USA in Jan 2014 for $4.8m , previously owned by Christian Gläsel, still in its FINA livery

#22R - now part of the ROFGO collection in the UK

#23R - now owned by Lawrence Stroll; last seen at the Circuit de Tremblant, Canada; still in its FINA livery

#24R - now owned by Paul Knapfield in the UK; still in its EMKA livery; last seen at the 2015 Silverstone Classic

#25R - in Japan; was in the JGTC in 2002 in its Yellowcorn livery but now white

#26R - owned by BMW and kept at the BMW Classic Collection in Germany, allowed out for various showings, most recently at the 2015 Goodwood Festival of Speed; still in its FINA livery;

#27R - now in Parabolica livery last seen at the Silverstone Classic 2014, resides in the UK

#28R - last seen at Wilson House 2015

Last edited by hurstg01; 07-29-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: updated
hurstg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hurstg01 For This Useful Post:
amy@af (02-17-2015), tonioseven (02-17-2015)
Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
F1 monster
AF Enthusiast

Re: Location of GTR's - Index

Superb list. Thanks. Hopefully it will get a few of the blanks filled in over time.
F1 monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

12R is back in the UK
19R is Kevin Crowder's in Texas I believe.
21R is Peter (or maybe Christian?) Glasel's car now.

I think 14R was written off following the Japan GT series crash at Sugo in 1996 that supposedly caused heavy damage to the tub, making the 'M66 MCL' car 15R instead.

I'm not in front of my own computer right now. If I think of anything else I will add it later.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

^^ all amended Erik
Old 09-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

I should have added that I think 04R is also gone. In 1995 it had a heavy crash and the Gulf team had to replace the car with 08R to finish out the season. The poster included with Driving Ambition claims that 04R stood in for 14R at the last race of the Japan GT series in 1996 at the Mine Circuit. I highly doubt that information is accurate and instead believe that it was most likely #08R that fulfilled the role, later becoming the West-liveried "Adrenaline Program" car.

#02R participated in a couple of events in the British GT Series - I think in 1998 maybe. I can confirm when I get back home. That's the last time it was seen that I recall.

08R is in Bahrain (oops) - I'll add the current owner's name later on.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 09-22-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Cool Re: Location of GTR's - Index

Some more updates and comments:

02R - this GTR last appeared in the 1996 BRDC GT Series: Rd1 - Silverstone (DNF); Rd2 - Donington (1st); Rd3 - Brands Hatch (3rd); Rd4 - Donington (2nd); Rd5 - Thruxton (4th); Rd6 - Snetterton (8th); Rd7 - Oulton Park (3rd); Rd8 - Silverstone (2nd).

At each event the drivers were Ian Flux (GB) and Jake Ulrich (USA) with the car being prepared and entered by Lanzante Motorsport. At most of the events it wore the Blue/Yellow livery in a similar to the short tail Gulf GTR's paint schemes in '95 & '96, with the exception being the Silverstone race at the end of the year where it wore the special "Lloyds of London" livery in Blue/White with white wheels.

There is one tiny pic that has surfaced of it since then wearing all blue paint with the yellow wheels, but no graphics. It appears the rear spoiler had either been removed or simply cropped from the photo. Not sure when/where that image was taken, however, I bet someone with the last name Lanzante would know more about the car's current whereabouts. Anyone have their number handy?

= = = = = =

07R - I'd call it "MIA" since it hasn't been spotted anywhere in about 3 years. I think the last time someone knew where it was was around July 2004 when Duncan Hamilton had it up for sale. Our old friend tvrfreak had taken some pics of it there in January as well.

= = = = = =

08R - The current owner is Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince of Bahrain. What a name! in some instances you will see him referred to more simply as "Sheikh Salman" which is how I have labeled the folder on my PC.

On his Wikipedia page it mentions:

Quote:
The Crown Prince also spearheaded a major national initiative to bring Formula One racing to Bahrain and the Middle East. H.H. initiated the construction of the Bahrain International Circuit, which was a national objective for Bahrain, and a miraculous feat of engineering. On April 4th 2004, the Bahrain Grand Prix made history as the first Formula One Grand Prix to be held in the Middle East, featuring a world class grand prix circuit.
I do note from my info that we still assuming that car is 08R, I don't believe it has yet been confirmed. I'd be extremely surprised if that assumption was incorrect though.

= = = = = =

17R - This one used to be stored and prepared by Tom Milner's company, PTG Racing, in Winchester, Virginia for BMW USA. I am not sure where it lives now that PTG has severed their ties with BMW and is no longer campaiging BMWs in any racing series, however, I am sure it is still around. I think the most recent sighting was at an event in Canada and prior to that it appeared at the 2007 Amelia Island Concours in Florida held in March. I'll have to ask Stephan Bauer what event the car was at in Canada next time I see him online - maybe it wasn't even Canada.

= = = = = =

18R - I would label it (and 26R) as being kept at the BMW Mobile Tradition Museum in Germany with occasional outings to represent BMW Motorsport's history at various motoring enthusiast events. 18R's last trip to Goodwood was in 2005 - I am not sure if it has been out to play since then, but I have nothing to prove that it was.

= = = = = =

19R - Proper spelling of the owner's last name is Crowder, not Crowther.

= = = = = =

21R - Let's go with Christian Gläsel since that is who Octane credited with ownership of the car in their recent article. Christian is Peter's son so maybe they share it or maybe it was a birthday gift.

= = = = = =

26R - I think the last time was shown was in Sept 2006 for the 100th FIA GT race celebrations at Dijon in France. Prior to that it was at an BMW Motorsports event held in conjunction with the Malaysian Grand Prix in March 2006.

= = = = = =

That's all I've got for now...

To really make this list a lot like the others we are keeping on the regional fleets it could use some photographs. I am of course happy to help out with that if you want my assistance.

>8^)
ER
Old 09-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #7
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

^^ Cheers for that Erik, I'll work on the text changes today

Last edited by hurstg01; 09-22-2007 at 09:07 AM.
hurstg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

I have now added the photo's, showing each car in each of it's liveries. If there are any more to add, or corrections to be made, once again feel free to post here and I'll change it where necessary
Old 09-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Greg,

pic of 18R is incorrect. you have 17R pictured.

Great thread btw
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #10
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Man
Greg,
pic of 18R is incorrect. you have 17R pictured.
Great thread btw
I really struggle identifying these 2 in Fina guise seperately, can anyone help me in telling the difference?
Old 09-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

18R has British/France flags on rear body sides with red flag flash over centre.

17R has American flag on rear body sides with blue flag flash over centre.

Ignore the 39 race number!!
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #12
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

I think it was the race number that always threw me . Le Man, all updated
Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #13
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Wow - you really made an effort there Greg.

I'm running out the door and will take a better look later on. Skimming through it I only spotted one issue so far. You have the same pic for the 11R and 18R Hollywood liveries. The pic for 18R is correct, but this was 11R's look for the Brazil races:

Here's a slightly better image of the ZERO livery for GTR #25R:

I don't see #11R's all white "Franck Muller" livery referenced, so here's the best shot I have of that:

Here's the slightly different version of the Orange/Black that it wore at Silverstone in 1996:

The only other suggestion I have at the moment would be to add #01R's Presentation livery.

>8^)
ER
Old 09-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
F1 monster
AF Enthusiast

Why would a car owned by the crown prince of Bahrain be residing in Dubai? I think it would be more likely that it was just there for an event or two, but kept in Bahrain. Anyone have more info on this?
F1 monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #15
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

^^^ That was my mistake - Greg can fix. Sorry.

>8^)
ER

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1