Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Sunroof Drains?

I am not sure if anyone can help with this but here goes, i recently acquired a 2008 escape with a sunroof about 3 weeks ago. when i open my sunroof it lifts up and slides back above the roof and not slide into the roof like videos show, i am trying to find roof drains for it as it leaks in the center of the headliner at the front where my switch is mounted and drips onto the center console... i have been to numerous glass shops 3 said it was the drains needed cleaning 2 said if not drains it was the seal, then i just said why don't we just seal it up and be done with it...

my issue is before i seal it up i am trying to find the drains for it i was told they were in the front corners but i the sunroof rails seem to be blocking everything and i cannot find the drains. i took it back to a different glass shop and they asked if it was aftermarket sunroof and i said i have no idea they looked at it and he said i see what you mean usually the drains are easily accessible and gave me a number for a company called leak pro but they want 200 for initial diagnosis and the 200 could be applied to repair which could run 200-1200 depending on what needs repair.

so for 1200 i would just seal it up and never use it again but if i was to sell it it doesn't make for a good selling feature...anyone able to help with this is encouraged to participate in this discussion....like i said i watched 90% of the youtube videos and my sunroof looks nothing like those on there
Old 10-18-2022, 03:01 AM   #2
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: Sunroof Drains?

i am at a loss here as this sunroof open totally different from the YouTube videos i watched as to clean the drain tubes...my sunroof lifts up and when you hold the open button it slides back in the up position and the videos i watched they all seem to slide back into the roof. it looks like this is a factory sunroof but i don't know and when i went to several glass shops in my area they say Nope we don't touch sunroofs... i guess they have issues with them as well so i am asking if anyone has this type of sunroof.. if they have found the drains where i can find them as we are coming into a rainy stretch starting Friday and i would like to fix it before then..glass shops have told me it's 100 dollars per hour and that cost would be added to the repair so the costs i have been quoted are from $200 to upwards of $2000 depending on what needs fixing.. i have tried locating the drains but i haven't been able to find them i was told to use an air compressor and blow them out but if i can't find them where do i blow them out

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid