Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
kcrp
AF Newbie

97 caravan a/c problem

i have a 97 caravan with a 3.3 engine. the a/c has become intermittent. it will blow cold for several days or weeks and then it starts blowing warm air. after a day or so it starts blowing cold again. i have checked the compressor/ clutch when it's blowing hot and it's not turning. i can turn the clutch freely by hand when engine is off. compressor and clutch run smoothly (no noise). i have checked the refrigerant levels,they are good. checked fuse and relay,both good. was told to check low pressure switch. can someone tell me where it is located and how to check it? also, any other ideas on what else i might need to check? thanks
kcrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
jpb53
AF Enthusiast

Re: 97 caravan a/c problem

This system does not have a low pressure cut-out switch. It has a pressure transducer. This link will tell you how it works.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=909708. Also in the future you might have better luck posting in the Caravan/Voyager specific forum.
jpb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
kcrp
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb53 View Post
This system does not have a low pressure cut-out switch. It has a pressure transducer. This link will tell you how it works.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=909708. Also in the future you might have better luck posting in the Caravan/Voyager specific forum.
Thanks for the info. could you please tell me where the pressure transducer is located on my van?
kcrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
jpb53
AF Enthusiast

It's mounted to the high pressure line which is from the compressor to the condenser. IIRC it is behind the passenger headlight area in the eng compartment.
jpb53 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion