Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Mirage
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

Talking 4G64 Swap

I have a 5G Mirage coupe and i'm doing a 4g64 swap
If anyone has information on this swap please post any information helpful on doing this swap. I just bought a brand new 5K 4g64 complete with ecu, wireharness, exhaust manifold, motor mounts, steering wheel colum, emobilizer, alternator, starter you get the drift. I seen a guy on a website doing this swap but he never replied to my email so i'm guessing he didn't get that far. Anyone who is knowledgable about this motor please post any info on performance and swaping.

I'm still waiting on a 5 speed tranny. If you guys can help me I will post picture and do a write up on how I complete the swap so for future reference if anyone wanted to do the swap . Better yet a video on the on going project
Mirage_Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #2
evoryda
AF Enthusiast

evoryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 01:29 AM   #3
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

thats not the same swap he did a 2.0L swap not the 2.4L swap.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:06 PM   #4
evoryda
AF Enthusiast

Old 11-23-2003, 10:11 PM   #5
evoryda
AF Enthusiast

here look through all of these they have somethin to do with a 4g64
Old 11-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #6
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

I will post pictures soon on the 4g64 motor. But the sh4d32 guy disappear because he doesn't bother no more with helping on the swap. Anyways not to worry I'll still do this for the mitsubishi anthuiast. We need more mirage support up in here. There's enough thing said about civics its time for the mirage to be glorified.

Future MOD: Garrett GT32 Turbo, HKS blow off valve, Custom headers and exhaust, RC 1000CC injectors, AEM EMS, Mirage Coupe to evo7 conversion (inprogress), Fully Built 5speed tranny, ZEX Nitrous, Whiteline anti Roll bar, MOMO or Sparco racing seats, DIS II, USA amp 2000X(already have), Resonant Engineering 15" XXX Sub, 200 farad cap, and a whole shit load of wiring
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
loserspearl@yahoo.
AF Newbie

Re: 4G64 Swap

I have a 98 mirage coupe with a 4g64 swapped I can answer a lot of questions. just ask

I've been trying to look around for others that have done the swap cuz I still have problems but its runs with few problems but its my daily driver, but I can't find anyone that can help me with the few problem i have becuase I haven't seen anyone else that hase done the swap.
loserspearl@yahoo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

wow your further than me. I still haven't swapped mine yet but I just purchased some new electronics for the swap. I have a 98 mirage ecu and I need to know if thats going to work with my emanage ultimate.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

I need to know if my 1.5L tranny is going to work with my 2.4. I want to use this first until i can get the 2.4 tranny with custom axles.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
loserspearl@yahoo.
AF Newbie

I have a 5g mirage with a 3g eclipse 4g64 swapped in, I use the 4g64 tranny, i highly suggest you get custom axles, because you'll be ripping up axles just attaching the eclipse inner cv joints to the mirage axles, the shift linkage hooks up fine just switch the cables to the 2.4 tranny linkage, i don't remeber i used the stock biushings and all but If you a friend with an eclipse just look at his shit. A bad thing is the mirage is so small you HAVE to have a custom turbo manifold if you turbo, also its not very easy to work on because of the lack of room, but i love the swap and it fucking kills with the shit i got, cant wait for dohc.

if you have any questions email me at loserspearl@yahoo.com
i'll try my best to help

but i do have some problems im getting worked out soon with my dohc headswap, it doesnt idle if i let off the gas so i have to constantly use leftfoot braking and pumping i think its good practice for footwork, i think its my iac or tps, also there is a lot of engine rock because i push a lot of torque so i say get custom polyurethane motor mounts, I use the stock crossbar and it fits on the g64 tranny just fine, I do have a lot of leftover cord from the mirage and my check engine light is on but I don't know wiring too much so I'm gonna have a professional look at that shit, I use the stock 1.8l mirage ecu but when i get the evo headswap i'll prolly switch out for an evo ecu.

check out mah shit!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2624765
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/vb...24&garage=4660
Old 07-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

Nice Swap!!! What the quarter on that?

Anyways I"m kinda confused about your cv joint? Before you replaced the axles with custom ones, did you remove the cv boots and use the eclipse inner cv and mated with the mirage axles?

I won't be hard on the launch until i get new custom axles. I just want to test the motor out to see if it runs or not.

Another question any check engine light and are you using all of the eclipse engine mounts?

Here's what i have
I have left and right eclipse engine mounts.

2.4 Tranny but for now using the 1.5
eclipse MAF
shift links and shifter from the eclipse.
steering column (no key tho)
1.8L ecm and 2.4 ecm
emanage ultimate
aem wideband o2 with gauge

What i need:

Custom Axles
2.4 AC compressor
Power Steering pump (maybe the mirage one would work)
Old 07-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #12
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

You know whats funny I have the same black color with the same red trunk. lol!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #13
loserspearl@yahoo.
AF Newbie

Ya i love the swap but dohc will really get me pushing some torque. idk what the et 1/4 is my friend tried doin it in the car but he got 14.5 i thot it was more like 15.5 but wutever ima find a track somewheres

I had the eclipse inner cv joint inner half linked with the the mirage inner cv joint outer half (i had a driveshaft shop make me the custom axles and make the cv/hybrid). but i broke 2 axles on the drivers side with the hybrid, but it will run!, after a hundered or so semi hard launches on street u'll hear a clink!

I'm using mirage torque mounts and eclipse tranny and block mounts, but those mirage will wear depending on how you drive so make polyurethane custom ones

2.4 Tranny but for now using the 1.5
-I suggest you switch to the 64 tranny because idk how the 1.5 one works
eclipse MAF
-good cus you need this
shift links and shifter from the eclipse
-I use a mirage shortshifter but after the shift cables I switched them to eclipse bushings
steering column (no key tho)
1.8L ecm and 2.4 ecm
-i run on 1.8 ecu

Everything attached to the block or tranny is 4g64, alternator, water pump, steering pump (the actual hydraulic steering rod is mirage.

Thats cool, the red paint i got on there was custom made with a cherry color with a little bit of charcoal and silver, and black is the stock color of the chassis
i put like 5 different cars into one car
I wanna do evo headswap but the kia one is cheaper!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
Mirage_Prototype
AF Newbie

How much the custom axles cost ya? I have shop here that makes custom axles.
What about the exhaust system? What parts did you use to connect the exhaust manifold to the down pipe?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #15
loserspearl@yahoo.
AF Newbie

I gave him the hybrid axles and idk what exactly he did, but i think he reused the shafts but new joints and splines, It set me back about $300. Idk what it will cost else where , you should have a hybrid thing so they know what it is exactly their making, and the exhaust is all welded and mandrel bent steel, A shop does headerback shit for $250 or so(the 4g64 exhaust stops right after the flexpipe)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Mirage