Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 01:45 PM   #1
xoc
AF Enthusiast

goneMOAB

Old 01-29-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Unhappy

Must go to Moab, must go to Moab! Afraid I won't be able to go this year! Can't miss any school..............

Oh oh...but those dates do coincide when I get spring break! Maybe I'll have to go alone!
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #3
scott.com
AF Enthusiast

Rick I'm thinking about it. It's looking more and more like things are going to pretty heavy here at work in April. I figure I may be able to convince the boss to let me take some time off before the fun starts.
scott.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 01:09 AM   #4
Xlax
AF Enthusiast

Shit Rick I passed College without showing up !
3 year non stop party..then I got drafted into the army lost 60lbs adn got laid even more !!!! come on I'll go if you go

C
Old 01-30-2002, 01:21 AM   #5
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Well, hosers! it looks like that is the only time I can go! Spring break is Mar 22 till 29th. Claus I already have a BA in Sociology and a BS in Anthropology! Worthless degrees................:finger:

If I miss two days in a quarter they cut my funding!!!!! The I really be poor!!!

I joined Army when I just turned 17, gained 30 lbs of muscles! Women? What were they?
Old 01-30-2002, 08:40 AM   #6
superjens
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Women? What were they?
Rick, you're scaring me now.

By the way, what's a recent Anthropology grad say when he gets out of school?

Want fries with that?

Glad to see you're not stuck there Rick!
Old 01-30-2002, 09:46 AM   #7
wilburburns
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to wilburburns
Hey IAN (XOC) Why are you and Calmini starting a new Nissan MOAB event. The older Hardbody and Pathfinder guys have been doing Slick and Twisted at MOAB for a couple of years now. It's usually held sometime in May. Why not team up with them? This group has been led up by Divinchi and and Chris James with his legendary Frankenfinder.

It seems as though the Nissan Community is being pulled in so many directions now that it's almost pulling us apart. We should be uniting and helping each other's events, not competeing with them.

Just curious, did you know about their event...

It looks like this could be a good event, and I hope it will. I've got to get out there sometime.....

Cliff
wilburburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 01:23 PM   #8
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by rrdstarr
Claus I already have a BA in Sociology and a BS in Anthropology! Worthless degrees................:finger:

Try a major in philosophy and a minor in English ... broadened my horizons incredibly, but didn't help me get a job.

:bonghitte
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 01:26 PM   #9
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

I still can't spell with a damn!!!! Grammar? I'll have a grammar cracker! 1st wife "helped" me with all my papers for spelling and grammar!!
Old 01-30-2002, 02:05 PM   #10
ScottG
AF Enthusiast

You are not alone Rick. I majored in Athropology, and my minor was in political science. I think this is the first time since I graduated from college that I have crossed paths with someone else with an Anthropology degree. There are not many of us for some reason.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #11
xoc
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by wilburburns
Hey IAN (XOC) Why are you and Calmini starting a new Nissan MOAB event.
Honestly, I have never heard of it. A search on Google for Slick and Twisted yields bondage and S&M web sites. I did find one link on Pathfinderoffroad.com, but it's just an email address. If it's a big event, it should be easier to find information.

goneMOAB is not attempting to pull the Nissan community apart, or compete with other events.

Isuzu's, Toyotas and Suzukis make a huge showing at EJS every year, and it's time for Nissans to do the same thing. If the turnout is good, gone will expand into other events into the future.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:33 PM   #12
wilburburns
AF Regular

XOC

Well Slick and Twisted is not a big event, but it should and could be. So, it does not have a website, whoopeeeee....

Info can be found at the off-road.com BBS and usually info is posted on the AC board. No offense intended, but maybe you need to get off XOC BBS a little more and see what the rest of the real Nissan community is doing.

There are several events across the country which Nissan enthusiasts participate in. Not just Xterra's and Frontiers, but Hardbodies and Pathy's also. The Nissan enthusiast network is working now on bringing them all together under one name and group.

A couple of events that come to mind are....
The Nissan net run in Ky...May
An Arizona Run
Cruise the Rockies in Colorado
Slick and Twisted Moab in May, maybe early June
ECXC.....I'm not sure if this classifies or not...

None of these are huge events, but I'm sure they would love a little more sponsorship. Nearly all of the above events are put together by wheelers who enjoy wheeling and not sitting at a PC designing web pages.

Cliff
Old 01-30-2002, 02:34 PM   #13
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc

Honestly, I have never heard of it.
"Slick & Twisted '02" (the second or third time they've done it) info:

http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads//...collapsed&sb=5
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 03:08 PM   #14
xoc
AF Enthusiast

Re: XOC

Quote:
Originally posted by wilburburns
None of these are huge events, but I'm sure they would love a little more sponsorship. Nearly all of the above events are put together by wheelers who enjoy wheeling and not sitting at a PC designing web pages.
I don't even know how to respond to that without getting this thread closed.
It seems that you have a personal issue with me, and not the event.

I'm well aware of what the rest of the Nissan community is doing, very little. Slick & Twisted had 4 trucks show up, not exactly what I would call an "event".

If the events you listed could indeed be huge, why aren't they ? Getting sponsorships for events is not that difficult. Putting useful, easy to find information online is not difficult.

Nissannet has had one event.
Cruise the Rockies has had one event.
The Arizona run has had one event.
ECXC has had one event (but is the only group that has spent the time and effort to get noticed on a large scale).

There are 52 weekends in a year, and 4 events isn't enough to cover all the Nissan owners spread around this country. There is plenty of room for an event like goneMOAB.

BTW, I spend as much time wheeling (and enjoying it) as I do developing web sites. Please don't continue to make this a personal issue.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:31 PM   #15
wilburburns
AF Regular

I don't want to get this thread locked either, hence my comment about you not takeing offense. We don't have to see things the same way to have a converstaion. We have disagreed in the past, yet I think we should be able to discuss this sensibly. I was not knocking you or your planning skills.

You made the comment that you had never heard anything about SLick and twisted. I pointed out that there was info about it in a couple of different places. You must not have seen it. :o Or you weren't at the places to notice it's announcement, hence the comment about getting out more..

Now, you have said that each of the events have only been held once. Well, the same can be said of GOX before GOX2. I beleive a second Arizona run is being planned for spring. I'm sure the second Cruise the Rockies event is being planned or thought of as we type. Slick and twisted has been in the planning and thinking stage since everyone returned from MOAB last year. I'll admit and agree that their coordinateing skills may not be the best, but I beleive more than 4 trucks attended last year (but I could be wrong).

ECXC2 is in planning stages now. MAXC did a good job last year of promoteing the event, which is good. I'm sure this year will be a great event also.

Nissannet...Which you don't even rate as an event that promoted itself well enough to get noticed on a large scale....We had 20 trucks last year from as far away as Washington State. We have nearly 30 trucks signed up so far. This year should be even better. EOE, AC, 4x4connection and Cliffview have all jumped back on board to sponsor the event. While Calmini won't even respond to e-mails regarding the event. We have also gained sponsorship help from NOR this year.

You're right, 4 events are not enough, but these are just the events I know off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. We all just need to help get teh events currently available more publicity. That's all I'm saying. If we help each others events strive and grow, then we should start develoing more events...

Cliff

And it was never personal.......

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail