Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Century
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
Peter Solarik
AF Newbie

What caused the tranny to quit, further information..

First of all, thanks goes to our consultants here for their constant support, advices.
My car is back, after the trans rebuilt. Cost me 'only' $ 1.800 Canadian.
The owner of the shop asked me to bring the car back after one week for additional check up and assurance that everything is OK.
He plugged in the pc code reader and took it for drive. He gave it a 'green light' for me to go for long drive with no concern.
I asked him what caused the transmission to dissentigrate after only 54.000 Km. He said that when the solenoid vent first and when I have had the problem with hard shifting and high pitched noise coming out of engine compartment, I should have come right away to have it checked. Since I waited for about 2 months, the damage was already being taking place. When finaly I had the solenoid replaced, the car run smooth again, but the damage was already there. He mentioned that since there was not enough fluid, some of the gears got brittle and eventually they stripped.
Next time if I ever have again problem with harsh shifting accompanied by whining noices, I will not delay again the visit to our friendly Trans shop.
The bottom line is for all of you guys who drive the Buick, do not think that the harsh shifting will go away. Go to transmission guys right away.
He also mentioned that this total failure of trans happens maybe only 1 in 10.000 Buicks. Well, I will have a little 'pep' talk with my Biuck and give him another chance to prove itself.
Peter Solarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Flatrater
Main GM Guy

Re: What caused the tranny to quit, further information..

And that is the same guy who fed you the bull shit about not having enough fluid in the trands and that is what caused your PCS problem.

Well I must say he is full of BS again. Low fluid level will not cause a gear to get brittle. I'm sorry but that is impossible.

Your hard shifting was caused by your PCS and I have shown you pistures of the PCS and what the problem was.
GM Master tech
Licensed Aviation mechanic
Flatrater is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Century