Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
solaris=amazing
AF Enthusiast

Unhappy Is a 93 Grand Prix good?? Compared to My Tbird that was Wrecked??

Hello everyone. Friday, i was making a turn onto a street, and a 63 year old women tboned me-she drove past the light at around 35mph. My 95 tbird, which was MINT condition, is wrecked. I might be getting the book value, which is around $4200, or they may fix it-didn't get the estimate yet. They said if the damage is close to 75% of book, that i get the book value.

Ok, that aside, there is a nice 93 grand prix for sale(dealer i know-good guy) for around $2700, it is the SE, but i don't know if it's the 3.1 or 3.4(which i would rather) with 88k miles. Car is in good shape also. Now, if it turns out that i get the book value, this is the car i was looking at today. Are they good or what, whats the problems with them (every car/model has it's own unique problems). For example, the 3.8 horrible head gasket problems ford has, or the stalling that MANY 1990 chevy lumina's have.

Is this vehicle fast?? I'm used to a 4.6 V8, which has 205hp/270ftlb@3200rpm. The grand prix is MUCH lighter then the tbird also, so thats good also. Another thing, do the grand prix's go past 105mph on the highway?? My tranny has/had a governor on it.

PS.. Thank god i'm fine also, just some muscle damage/bruises. The women had some face lacerations, but is fine. She hit me with a brand new 2004 dodge neon, that was rented from enterprise cause her "normal" car was being repaired-CAUSE SHE SMACKED THAT ONE UP.. No joke.
solaris=amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
solaris=amazing
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is a 93 Grand Prix good?? Compared to My Tbird that was Wrecked??

Anyone have ANY opinion on these cars???
solaris=amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #3
TONY_GTP_00
AF Newbie

the GP is a great car, but your talking about 2 completely different worlds here. One is front the other is real wheel drive, V-8 and V-6, and most likley a 600 pound diff between the two. Go with it if you enjoy driving the car, if not then don't get it. Personally I'd spend an extra few thousand and get a 97 plus GTP. Your cash your choice
TONY_GTP_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #4
GTPCatz
Banned

Chevy Lumina's are the same as the 93 GP...same engine and such
GTPCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:01 PM   #5
Fiero Outlaw
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Fiero Outlaw

I own a 93 Grand Prix SE, SE's only come with the 3.1, they're awesome cars. They're a little slow with the qtr mile and stuff, but the only way to boost power would be to get the turbo intake and turbo setup from one of the earlier Extremely Rare Turbo 3.1's. 0-60 is 9 seconds with the auto. You could upgrade and stick in a l67, but thats a lot of work. at $2700 the car is worth it, i paid $2800 for mine with 97k miles. Only known problems with these cars, the rear brakes are always junk on the 88-93 W-Bodies (Grand Prix, Lumina, Cutlass, and the Buick), upgrade to the redesigned rearn1994-1996 calipers and rotors, and the coolant pipe to the heater core could develop a leak in the future, so if you get a coolant leak between the engine and firewall, and don't know where the hell its coming from, its the heater pipe. Bar leaks radiator stop leak works.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #6
ironmonkeygf
AF Newbie

I have a 93 Grand Prix SE and I love it. The only problems I've had is the rear brakes (yes they all suck, but the new ones have been fine for about two years now) and I also had to replace my alternator once. Considering how hard I drive this car, it's kept up quite nicely. I don't do any racing or mods or anything, so I don't know any stats like 1/4 mile or anything, but I have no problems haulin butt in this thing with my lead foot.
ironmonkeygf is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix