Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
B16a Vs. Sr20de

Boy, I sure hope I got the nissan engine code right. Anyhow, just thought I'd raise this point to see what sort of wars we can get going here I figured there should be some decent arguments on each side.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:06 PM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
But your comparing apples with oranges. Both are great engines, and both have heaps of potential. But one is a 2l and the other only a 1600. Ok the b16a has more HP to start with but if you want to build the ultimate HP race engine and the fact that both engines spin in opposite directions isnt a problem then you choose the SR20D...(T )..E
If you want to compare the best Nissan 2.0l with the best Honda 2.0l then you have to compare the SD20.. with the F20C or the S2000 motor, and then well...................
Or you could compare the SR20... with the preludes H22, and agian, well........
Im affraid Honda is regarded as one of the best automotive engine manufactors in the world for one very good reason. There are currently 6 engine manufactors that have made the N/A 100hp per Litre mark, they are Lotus, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, BMW and Ferrari.
Of those only Honda and BMW make reliable 100hp pre Litre engines, all the rest have troubles, even the Lotus built K series, and the 20V toyota 4agze all sucome to the pressure after high milage. And ferrari, well have you ever seen a reliable Ferrari, thier like the finset race horse and need pampering. (and thrasing!)
Old 07-28-2001, 08:22 PM   #3
G-Forces
Banned

Sorry moppie. You're forgetting about the Silvia SR20DET. I'll take that hands down to a F20C! 250hp + more torque than a Honda owner can dream of. Apples to oranges my ass!

But if you want to compare something a little more fair how about the SR20VE vs the new RSX motor. 190/145 from the SR20VE and 200/142 from the Type-S. Pretty close. Too bad Nissan didn't decide to package their VE in something light and small over here in NA.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 06:25 PM   #4
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by G-Forces
Sorry moppie. You're forgetting about the Silvia SR20DET. I'll take that hands down to a F20C! 250hp + more torque than a Honda owner can dream of. Apples to oranges my ass!
No thats more like comparing apples with your arse. The F20C makes 240hp Naturaly asperated, while the SR20DET needs a turbo with a heap of boost to make 250hp.

Quote:

But if you want to compare something a little more fair how about the SR20VE vs the new RSX motor. 190/145 from the SR20VE and 200/142 from the Type-S. Pretty close. Too bad Nissan didn't decide to package their VE in something light and small over here in NA.
Ahh now thats more like it. It would be intesting to see dyno charts for both engines, to get an idea of the Torque diffrences at low RPM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons